MIC holster fat guys?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by jln370, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Any fat guys like me use the MIC holster?
    I'm wondering if it's impossible with my gut.:D

2. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

What is a MIC holster? Not saying I have a need for one, just curious. LOL

3. Steelharp

Steelharp New Member

4. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

Ah, didn't know that was what they called that device. Not exactly a holster, but I guess if I had to carry without a holster and didn't want to go Israeli, that would be the best option. I can't see the need myself, but you can test the theory by stuffing the Glock "Mexican Carry" to see if it will work for you I would think.

5. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

I actually have one for my G26 and my XD40. I love them they are great for the quick on the go sessions where you don't want to fuss with the IWB. It is actually pretty comfy using it all day. I actually carry mine more at the 3-4 o'clock and it works great. Oh yea, and I am no slim shady either. I mean I am around 195 with love handles and it works great for me.

6. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

[​IMG]

I made a couple very similar to this out of some scraps of kydex. I figured they'd be nice for pocket carry, belly bands, concealment t-shirts, purse, fanny pack, backpack, or anywhere your gun might be in service but not in a form-fitted holster.

7. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    I'm starting to get into roll your own Kydex. Thinking about starting a DIY Kydex thread on here, but I'm a total Kydex noob.

8. Bratprince30

Bratprince30 New Member

6'6" 325# and I carry a model 21 using a mic holster. Works great. Sitting in a car for an extended period can cause it to dig into my thigh/groin, but I can slide it under the seat and tuck it back in when I get out.

9. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Use one for all my Glocks. Makes carrying with one in the pipe almost worry free(still practice gun safety). Today tried a new twist and after the MIC was on and strapped to my belt slid it into my Remora and this is a great combo

10. Kydex is easy. Make a few knife holsters, then do a glock holster. You can built your own press pretty easy with some plywood, foam, 2x4's and springs.

11. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I have a homemade Kydex holster. Best part is that it fits all of my Glocks perfectly. Another well thought out idea by Glock.

12. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

Thats the kinna reveiw I was lookin for, thank you!!

Redhawk~~~6'5" 345lbs, pretty like Edith Bunker!!

13. dude u look like Captain Spalding wearing a blaze orange beanie

14. gunoil

gunoil New Member

mic razor for my G27...,,KT380, KT P32. they cause safety around me and my house loaded.
    youtube; mic holster.

if ya really want a glock, visit DPM systems. recoil gone!!!
    partners@dpmsystems .com

"Waite one second, I have some money for you in my wallet" ba-boom-boom-boom! damn, sounds like Ft Bragg round here..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  15. Ive never seen anything like that. I really like it and will be ordering one for my 27 soon!

16. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUWETHlMxZk[/ame]

17. cmiddleton

cmiddleton New Member

The video is informative and I do need to buy one.

Did anyone else notice the guy's finger on the trigger during the presentation?

18. gunoil

gunoil New Member

dont forget DPM SYSTEMS RECOIL REPLACEMENT.

19. Fusco

Fusco New Member

just my luck....all Glocks except 36 d'oooh

20. There's quite a few tips and tricks to getting a good end result, good retention and good definition.;)