Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have walked in to gun shop and have seen a pistol hanging on a metal rod stand , the pistol barrel just side down on the stand .and doesn't touch the glass case.

Well my question is pulling the pistol off of that and back on everyday will that hurt the inside of the barrel.? Over time ?

· Super Moderator
79,028 Posts
Most of these metal rod gun stands are coated/dipped with a rubberized material so they don’t damage the gun. I have and use many of these in my safe for hanging pistols.

· Registered
149 Posts
Never buy a display model if it's on a bare metal rack like that. In fact, never buy a display model, period.

As for the holders, they should be plastic or rubber coated so as not to scratch. I would never use a bare metal holder in/on any of my guns.

· Premium Member
3,623 Posts
They are coated. I've been running Glocks since 1992, over 2 dozen different models, and bought all of them used from other deputies. Course I was able to function fire them at the range and inspect in the gun room before paying.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are coated. I've been running Glocks since 1992, over 2 dozen different models, and bought all of them used from other deputies. Course I was able to function fire them at the range and inspect in the gun room before paying.
I Bought a new glock 19 gen 3 yesterday from RK Guns in Clarksville, Tn I asked the lady for one for free and she gave me 3 of them , but not rubber coated , what would be a good way to make them where I can rest mt 3 pistols on them ? I have a couple of ideas but more ideas maybe better than mine LOL TIA

· Premium Member
3,623 Posts
It's only the crown of the bore that needs to be protected from damage. A scratch or nick in the barrel does not affect accuracy. We had a couple of G17's at the academy that were bulged but still shot tight groups.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
We used those metal pistol stands in the retail store. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a gun that was on them. They’re just resting on the stand. They’re not being ran down the bore like a chisel.
A bullet screaming down the barrel at 1000fps would be just as concerning but neither are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts