Medium - to Big - to Little

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by OuttaHand, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I went to the range today along with my dad and my brother. My dad had a brand new Taurus .22 to try out, and my brother brought his .380 to play with.
    I brought three toys:

I started with my G19 9mm Glock. I ran 200 round through that and it ran beautifully! What a joy to shoot!

Then I unleashed the 'big dog.' I got out my Desert Eagle .44 mag. I haven't shot that gun for a couple years and I had forgotten what a joy it is to shoot! Only kicks slightly more than my Glock! I put 20 rounds through that close enough to the center of the target to satisfy that need.

Then I got out my little High Standard "Plinker" .22 and ran some through that. What a difference!!! It has a MUCH lighter trigger pull. The first round went off before I really had the sight where I wanted it. Then I got the feel for it again. It was kind of fun to run 100 rounds through that knowing that it was pennies per shot instead of a buck a shot like the Desert Eagle.

All-in-all it was a great day at the range playing with different toys.

Anybody else take multiple guns to the range? And then have to totally adjust your grip and how you fire it?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

"Anybody else take multiple guns to the range? And then have to totally adjust your grip and how you fire it?"

Yup..take a few different types, actions, and calibers to the range all the time. Usually start with my Glock, which

is my EDC...then "my gun of the day"...be it an AR, AK, Tommy Gun, M1 Garand...then finish with my trusty .22 !