Maybe a stupid idea but was thinking...

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by Gun_Aficionado, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

OK hang in there and read entire post... What if there was an insurance that only CCW permit holders (as the state has issued a permit based on the proof of competence in the safe use and tested on legal aspects of gun ownership) could obtain that would cover up to 30k in legal cost in case of a shooting incident. We walk around hoping we never have to fire in self defense or defensive of other person however, if we need to we are ready to defend ourselves right. So we have all heard the saying "every bullet has is a lawyer attached to it" right. So if the stats of CCW holders vs. CCW holder involved shootings are considerably low; why wouldn't NRA or other org. offer something like this. There is a great market as this could be offered in the CCW class I was thinking something like 30 bucks a month and you can choose an attorney in the plan so there are pre-negotiated rates with them so if the cost goes over 30k you can hopefully still have a good defense. If you are forced to use your weapon in the defensive of your person or other you could call your attorney and not get a public def. I know divers have D.A.N insurance (health and air lift etc.) as this is a possibility that while diving you may have a accident or surface to quickly and need special care, so they offer protection that hopefully you never need. I would pay 30 bucks a month for a service like this.... And if something like this exists how do I get it!!!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Good question...anybody !?

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I would imagine, and this is only me speculating, that since the NRA is involved only insofar as gun rights are involved, and have nothing directly to do with CCW laws, issuances, and procedures, it is not something the NRA would become involved in. Maybe. That being said, I do know that all CCW Instructors in Nevada must first be certified as instructors by the NRA, but that the NRA has nothing to do with course content in the CCW training process.

4. alglv1

alglv1 New Member

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

^^^ Yea, but once they get your email address, they are as relentless as

any prosecutor !!

6. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I read this, will only reimburse after acquittal so you are still stuck with how deep your pockets are at the start possibly you cant afford the initial retainer and then depending on small print may not work depending on cost may be better than nothing.... Will read more...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. alglv1

alglv1 New Member

LOL, yeah, I hate when that happens!

8. alglv1

alglv1 New Member

Careful of that small print. Doesn't look like that great of a deal. Especially, if you are assuming you have coverage that might not be there when you need it most.

9. mike_honcho87

mike_honcho87 New Member

10. Tape

Tape New Member

NRA protects their members and they have millions of members and the city provides free service for any crime. The services is not very good but better than nothing.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I understand that there is an organization of attorneys that offers a membership ($500?) and then FREE legal assistance, including representation, for gun-related issues, primarily shootings of defensive nature.

I will find the name of the outfit and details and post here...

12. Tape

Tape New Member

not all shootings require court proceedings. If you shoot someone or brandish your weapon and they decide to prosecute then you were more than likely in the wrong. If you hold off as long as possible or get struck first by a deadly weapon and you end it with a firearm more than likely you will not be prosecuted, it is all about how you handle the situation, if you freak out easily and grab your firearm at any situation maybe you do not need to carry one. It is all about judgement calls, you just MUST make the correct one.

13. Tape

Tape New Member

it sucks when someone gets freaked out by a gangster like person and ends up getting shot by you and they cuff and stuff YOU! A law binding citizen that works everyday then some punk feels like messing with you and he gets what he had coming to him, no telling how many people he has robbed already. WE CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING

14. Gun_Aficionado

The issue is that you can be in the right and still need a lawyer for initial representation. No matter what.

15. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/home

I'm a member of Armed Citizens Network, USCCA (which includes their Defense Shield now) and I carry a $2M liability umbrella via State Farm that I have confirmed, both with my agent and by reading the policy itself, covers me in the event of a lawsuit stemming from a self defense shooting. I carry this despite the state law that says if you're shooting is justified, you are immune from civil liability. It's only $200 or so a year for the $2M in coverage, so it makes sense. Plus I have a dog, and though she's 10, well behaved and well trained, she also comes off as vicious if you approach the window, ring the doorbell or knock. She's also not fond of children, though she tolerates them. Knowing that people will lie, looking for a payday, even if nothing really happened, I'm just not willing to take any chances.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  16. Gun_Aficionado

Send me info on state farm I have them for my home insurance. Please....
    Edit. Read a bit on armed cit. sounds good so far calling them on Monday just in case. Thanks!!!

17. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Sounds like a great idea, but I would be really leary of trying to use it when I most needed it. Especially when a crooked lawyer is envolved with it all. Sorry, I just dont trust people, nor the system anymore. Sad to say.