Marksman, June 28, 2012

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Sandie_Morehead, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Took a friend of mine, who's in town for a couple of weeks, to the Marksman in Puyallup. He took the range safety course and we hit the range.

I had my Glock 17 and Hubby loaned me the S&W 40 that he modified (lightened the trigger pull from 8 to 4 or so pounds).

His groupings were better than mine, but he's also retired military, so no real surprise there.

Discovered something though. The front sight was loose on my G17. As in really wobbly loose. Did not shoot my baby after I had the in store gunsmith look at it (and he also fixed it at no charge to me! He is a sweetie!) but I plan to soon enough to figure out if that front sight was causing any issues with my targeting.

Here are my results...

#1 -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Looks like a shooter issue not just loose fd how far away was the target?

3. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

How many rounds and how often do you shoot and from what distance

4. All targets shot at 25 feet.

5. Dark Knight

One good thing is that all shots would equal dead dirt bag or zombie in a close range defensive situation

6. Each target is one magazine...but I only load 15 rounds into the mag, rather than the 17 capacity. There was one or two magazines that my friend loaded, so it may have had the full 17 rounds.

7. Nice shooting! Not sure how much a loose front sight on a glock would affect aim, but those targets are looking pretty darn good for 25 feet. Glad to hear your LGS tightened up the sight for you free of charge!