Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
From what I've heard it's only the special operators and they've had 1911s for a while. As far as I know, I'll still have to rock the pitiful M9.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
MarinewithaGlock said:
From what I've heard it's only the special operators and they've had 1911s for a while. As far as I know, I'll still have to rock the pitiful M9.
Do you not like the M9?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Not at all. I've never been a big fan of the 9mm anyway but I'll never own an M9 personally. I've seen too many problems with them. Granted new berettas probably aren't that bad but the Marine Corps doesn't have any new M9s. When they are running good, they are easy to shoot (what full size 9mm isn't though) and thief ergonomics aren't bad but I don't trust them.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
MarinewithaGlock said:
Not at all. I've never been a big fan of the 9mm anyway but I'll never own an M9 personally. I've seen too many problems with them. Granted new berettas probably aren't that bad but the Marine Corps doesn't have any new M9s. When they are running good, they are easy to shoot (what full size 9mm isn't though) and thief ergonomics aren't bad but I don't trust them.
Thanks that's good to know!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew about MARSOC having custom built ones from Quantico but these are new Colts. I've got friends that served in the Marines. Most had disdain for the M9. I don't know if it was a legitimate gripe or a regret of not being issued the iconic 1911's that served the Corps for so many years through the Argonne, Iwo Jima, Chosin and Vietnam.

·
771 Posts
what a bargain....for Colt!

US government to buy 12000 pistols at the cost of $1875.00 per unit....What a windfall for Colt...ranks right up there with the $2000 toilet seats the government has purchased in the past...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Now that I think about it, 12000 pistols is quite a lot. I know our MARSOC community isn't that big. Who knows, maybe I'll get my hands on one before my 6 years is up in 2014. I'll be sure to tell y'all about it and definitely do a range report lol. The M9 isn't worthy of a range report though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts