Glock Forum banner

Marine-Tex grip

6K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  BLCKWLF 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm creating a few reference points in my Glocks use a marine epoxy. I've done a couple point on my 26 and 17, it's turning out great. I think I'm going to do a couple more points, like thumb indent and bottom of trigger guard. I had decal grip in my Glocks, but they don't last through this AZ summer.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great.

#5 ·
Here's all I've done. I really like how it has turned out.

Attachments

#10 ·
blackwolffcf said:
I feel stupid now… LOL Where you get it at? how does it hold up again chemical cleaners?
I ordered it from Amazon after a little research. Seems to hold up just fine. It cures ROCK SOLID! It's a nice non-aggressive grip, and I love the index points on the sides of the frame.

#14 ·
Is there a way to strip it off without much damage? It looks like a good "semi-permanent" solution to getting stippling done, and possibly more versatile.
I think it's way more versatile than stippling. My first effort way a little thick so it wasn't curing correctly. I took it off with a small flat head screwdriver. Just slowly picked at it. Once you get most of it off, it'll sand down smooth. I wouldn't just recommend it unless you're thinking about stippling. I didn't want to burn into my frame, and I wanted to leave myself with some options. I loved my Decal-Grip but it just wouldn't hold up to the heat inside my truck.

#17 ·
I think it's way more versatile than stippling. My first effort way a little thick so it wasn't curing correctly. I took it off with a small flat head screwdriver. Just slowly picked at it. Once you get most of it off, it'll sand down smooth. I wouldn't just recommend it unless you're thinking about stippling. I didn't want to burn into my frame, and I wanted to leave myself with some options. I loved my Decal-Grip but it just wouldn't hold up to the heat inside my truck.
If you can make it to the BBQ I would love to see it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.