1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
17 & 18 year olds illegally drinking and then get pissy with each other. See a problem with that?

Phoenix, AZ @11pm on a SAT. night this happenes but here a 18 year old can't own a handgun.

Sounds like the suspect surrounded himself with easy prey and then shot at the perps thru the door. So he had a good excuse. No mention of 911 being called or how long it might have taken the cops to arrive.

I wonder why the suspect wasn't tested for being under the influence?

I wonder why, when the others made threats that the LEO's were called right away, oh I forgot the booze was involved.

So should we ban handguns now? Well of course not! We need to ban alcohol. Or, could we just increase the age to consume it? Very possibly, none of this would have happened had they not been drinking or of age.

Decisions, decisions! If the decision was made early on in these punks lives to educate and train them by their parents maybe none of this would have happened. Maybe they would have all been home studying
for a test in school or, just too tired after a days hard work.

Me, I think a cap should be busted in the butt of the person supplying the alcohol! Just half joking here folks please don't get too ruffled.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
First mistake was they are young, and obviously didnt'l have their asses kicked by their parents enough times as a child. Second mistake was drinking and acting like a fool. Third mistake was living on 17th and Indian School LOL.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AZ, Seems I here so many dispatches for crime up in that area. Your comment was right on target about living up there. Least in the 75th and W Broadway we only have to deal with the dairy cows perfume now and then. Cannot wait for my rental agreement/lease to be up on this house so we can move to the Eastern part of Phoenix like Mesa or Tempe area.
I know crime is everywhere out here but man, these cow's perfume is not my cup of tea. lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As the report mentions, he did warn the perp several times of having the gun. It is of my opinion that he did everything he could to not have to use lethal force. He even retreated to his Apt to avoid the conflict even though to my knowledge and someone correct me if Iam wrong, Arizona is a Stand Your Ground state.

The LEOs here are excellent, I would venture to guess they did check his "metal competency to evaulate if his judgement could have been imparied" during their investigation.

Have a good one everyone.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Yes, it is a stand your ground state.

East valley IMO isn't much better. I would rather live in the sticks, or in farm country. Is the rent a lot living out there? Im in Phx. around the I 17 and Glendale area.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the confirmation/refresher, had read up on the laws out here till my eyes blurred so still digesting all the do's and don'ts and keeping them seperate from the VA laws engrained in my memory.

We think the rent is high for our house but it has everything we required not to mention there were slim pickings and the buyer of our house in VA was in a rush to close the deal.

I am onboard with you about living away from the city but my wife works in Tempe. My best friend and his family are in Mesa. They are our support group since we really don't know anyone else here but our neighbors. We want to move closer than our current hour away from them. He moved to Mesa in 2000.

Will have to catch up with you one of these days, lay a handshake on yah.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sad to hear that a 17 year old lost his life to stupidity on his part, but nothing but praise for the young man protecting his family! Another pro-gun story that won't be in the mainstream media. They would much rather report that the 3 perps broke in, killed the man, raped the girlfriend and killed her! Then they would say that knives need to be banned! Alcohol and guns DO NOT mix!

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation/refresher, had read up on the laws out here till my eyes blurred so still digesting all the do's and don'ts and keeping them seperate from the VA laws engrained in my memory.

We think the rent is high for our house but it has everything we required not to mention there were slim pickings and the buyer of our house in VA was in a rush to close the deal.

I am onboard with you about living away from the city but my wife works in Tempe. My best friend and his family are in Mesa. They are our support group since we really don't know anyone else here but our neighbors. We want to move closer than our current hour away from them. He moved to Mesa in 2000.

Will have to catch up with you one of these days, lay a handshake on yah.
Oh, I understand about the commute. That plays into where you want to live big time.

Yeah, even some of the houses in my neighborhood are being rented cause the owners can't sell them, and the rent is really high. I am fortunate that the house my wife and I live in is owned my her dad, and is paid for, so we have cheap rent. Which works out since there is only one income coming in.

Yah, we will have to catch up one of these days!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts