Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you guys cut your frame down to a smaller size. i have a gen2 g22, thinking of cutting it down 1 size. for better consealment. i have a g19 gen 2 that had a frame reduction and stipling by some one else. a first class job, sorry i don't have pictures. i really like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bophi said:
have any of you guys cut your frame down to a smaller size. i have a gen2 g22, thinking of cutting it down 1 size. for better consealment. i have a g19 gen 2 that had a frame reduction and stipling by some one else. a first class job, sorry i don't have pictures. i really like it.
You could. I wouldn't recommend it. I'd rather dish out another $350 for G27 than risk one of my guns.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Bophi, did you fall down and hurt your head?:eek:

Cut the gun, kill the resale/trade-in value. Go buy a new or used G26. Trade-in the G19 for a G26, or see if you can trade-in for a used G26, even.

Would you cut the legs off one of your children?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
reduction

Bophi, did you fall down and hurt your head?:eek:

Cut the gun, kill the resale/trade-in value. Go buy a new or used G26. Trade-in the G19 for a G26, or see if you can trade-in for a used G26, even.

Would you cut the legs off one of your children?
the g19 was not frame cut, only a grip reduction , stippling was done, it had no finger grooves, as for the g22. i seen some videos of the frame cut down to a smaller mag. size, 23, i would not cut mine i was just asking. i like the full size grip. in fact i use a xgrip on the g19 with a 17 rd. mag. for range use.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I consider cutting the frame, especially if all you're looking for is going from 22 to 23 size, sacrilege. Doing it to a Gen2 even moreso as they are becoming harder to find for those of us who prefer them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I did it and don't regret it... I should mention that I've done a lot of Glock tinkering building up to the cut down, so I went into the project with a lot of confidence. But, it is not hard at all to do. I initially cut it down with a scroll saw but I left a fair amount of "extra" material. From there, I used a file. I don't care about re-sale on this pistol... I bought it for ME when I got into narcotics, and I plan on my grand kids shooting it one day (assuming I'm blessed enough to have some). I like to think that they'll dig the 'personal touches' that I added to it to make it do what I wanted it to do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
bophi said:
why cut the grip and install a mag. ext. i can see it with a flush mag. or use it at the range. but not for carry.
The heel of the butt is what usually prints the most so the pinky extension really doesn't hurt anything. To be honest, I didn't have any printing problems with the full 23 grip, this was just something I wanted to try. Turns out I like it pretty well, so I've stuck with it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Happysniper1 said:
...there's a joke in there somewhere....;)
Hehehe... Well I haven't tried them, but I hear they're great! I bought the 23 when I got assigned to the narcotics unit... That's probably a much better way to put it.(Your humor is sincerely appreciated though.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts