Glock Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only difference that i can spot btween the G34 and the glock 17 is the shape....is that true ?

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
You're right Bocadan..

Longer barrel, longer slide, longer sight picture, adjustable rear sights, extended magazine release, extended slide release, Lighter trigger pull, more expensive. I guess thats it.. I don't know if I miss something. :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Longer barrel & lighter trigger pull (someone correct me on the trigger pull if I'm wrong please)
Not all 34's come with the "-" connector. If you get a blue label it may come with the standard connector or even "+" or NY1 or NY2 depending on the masochistic policies of the PD that the dealer usually sales too.

malladu

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
You guys missed the biggest issue. The G34 comes with a cut slide and ported barrel.

·
1,672 Posts
Hmm misspoke. Thought they were ported. Well you can put a ported barrel in it :D Still can wait till I get one of these for comps.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
No ported barrel.

malladus
With that correction, it has pretty much all been said.

Unless you ask for different, may came with an adjustable rear sight also. While it is a novel idea, most get replaced.

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
other differences:
g17&17c barrel length= 4.49", overall L= 7.32" unloaded weight: 22oz
g17L barrel length = 6.02", overall L = 8.86" unloaded weight: 23.6 oz ( I've been told is disqualified from some competition )
g34 barrel length = 5.31", overall L = 8.15" unloaded weight: 22.9 oz ( for most competition )

·
1,672 Posts
The 17L is disqualified from IDPA for sure. Not sure about the other leagues though.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
My wife owns a 34 and was contemplating buying a 17L. I'm not into competition, but enjoy target practice. Anyone see a reason why they 17L would be a bad idea?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts