Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
You're right Bocadan..

Longer barrel, longer slide, longer sight picture, adjustable rear sights, extended magazine release, extended slide release, Lighter trigger pull, more expensive. I guess thats it.. I don't know if I miss something. :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Longer barrel & lighter trigger pull (someone correct me on the trigger pull if I'm wrong please)
Not all 34's come with the "-" connector. If you get a blue label it may come with the standard connector or even "+" or NY1 or NY2 depending on the masochistic policies of the PD that the dealer usually sales too.

malladu

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
You guys missed the biggest issue. The G34 comes with a cut slide and ported barrel.

·
1,672 Posts
Hmm misspoke. Thought they were ported. Well you can put a ported barrel in it :D Still can wait till I get one of these for comps.

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
other differences:
g17&17c barrel length= 4.49", overall L= 7.32" unloaded weight: 22oz
g17L barrel length = 6.02", overall L = 8.86" unloaded weight: 23.6 oz ( I've been told is disqualified from some competition )
g34 barrel length = 5.31", overall L = 8.15" unloaded weight: 22.9 oz ( for most competition )

·
1,672 Posts
The 17L is disqualified from IDPA for sure. Not sure about the other leagues though.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
My wife owns a 34 and was contemplating buying a 17L. I'm not into competition, but enjoy target practice. Anyone see a reason why they 17L would be a bad idea?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts