Main diferences between G34 and the glock 17

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by bigeddy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. bigeddy

bigeddy New Member

The only difference that i can spot btween the G34 and the glock 17 is the shape....is that true ?

2. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Longer barrel & lighter trigger pull (someone correct me on the trigger pull if I'm wrong please)

3. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

You're right Bocadan..

Longer barrel, longer slide, longer sight picture, adjustable rear sights, extended magazine release, extended slide release, Lighter trigger pull, more expensive. I guess thats it.. I don't know if I miss something. :confused:

4. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Good job boracay. Finally a tad heavier & price difference. :)

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Edited thread title.

6. malladus

malladus New Member

Not all 34's come with the "-" connector. If you get a blue label it may come with the standard connector or even "+" or NY1 or NY2 depending on the masochistic policies of the PD that the dealer usually sales too.

malladu

7. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

You guys missed the biggest issue. The G34 comes with a cut slide and ported barrel.

8. malladus

malladus New Member

No ported barrel.

malladus

9. Webphisher

Hmm misspoke. Thought they were ported. Well you can put a ported barrel in it :D Still can wait till I get one of these for comps.

10. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

With that correction, it has pretty much all been said.

Unless you ask for different, may came with an adjustable rear sight also. While it is a novel idea, most get replaced.

11. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

other differences:
    g17&17c barrel length= 4.49", overall L= 7.32" unloaded weight: 22oz
    g17L barrel length = 6.02", overall L = 8.86" unloaded weight: 23.6 oz ( I've been told is disqualified from some competition )
    g34 barrel length = 5.31", overall L = 8.15" unloaded weight: 22.9 oz ( for most competition )

12. Webphisher

The 17L is disqualified from IDPA for sure. Not sure about the other leagues though.

13. My wife owns a 34 and was contemplating buying a 17L. I'm not into competition, but enjoy target practice. Anyone see a reason why they 17L would be a bad idea?