Magpul Glock Speedplates

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by KeenansGarage, Dec 21, 2011.

1. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Does anyone have any of these or have ever used them? To me, they are very 'tacti-cool,' but wouldn't mind knowing if they are a hinderance or benefit.

2. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I have a few of them, they are great if you do a comp with speed reloads but they just add bulk and get in the way for normal everyday shooting.

3. KeenansGarage

Thanks! Thats what I needed to know!

4. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    I like them on G26 mags, gives you something to put your pinky on.

5. KeenansGarage

Do you have any pictures of them on a 26?

6. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Here ya go

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  7. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

For digging mags out of deep pockets on a chest harness they are great. Other than that I have no use for them.

8. KeenansGarage

On the 26, that seems to add a fair amount of real estate without adding alot of extra weight and causing the mag to 'print' more.

Not a bad deal there.

9. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    I officially withdraw my endorsement of Speedplates(like my endorsement means anything haha) I had one split on me today, that's 2 out of the three pack that have split.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  10. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I have the Pierce +2 on my 26, has a similar profile and I have not had an issue. The +0 has almost the exact profile and I have heard good things about them but I cannot say personally.

11. jlw

jlw New Member

How so? I've seen folks have trouble seating the mags with them.

Agreed.

12. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I think it is all in the way you hold them, I'm not sure. I have seen a few people that have trouble with them, but I have never had an issue with them.

13. KeenansGarage

Wow, I can't believe they split like that! I would send a picture of those to magpul, see if you can get them replaced.

14. All of the magpul stuff that I have used has been very rugged. I would notify magpul of the problem. Just a caution, If you bought the items on EBAY they are probably Red Chinese fakes and not from magpul.

15. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Got them at GT Distributors. They are the real deal. Magpul sent me some more, but I didn't use them. They should be one solid piece, The base plate is a hard polymer, and the handle or whatever it's called is rubber and glued on the base.

16. Sorry to hear that. I was hoping for an easy answer. I've had long use of the Pearce +2 and +0 bases on my G26 and G19, maybe you could try them. Usually around $10 for a 2 pack.

17. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    That's what I use now