Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Got a brand new Glock 23. Magazine holds 13 rounds. With all rounds loaded in mag it won't lock in. As soon as I remove round so that mag is holding only 12 rounds the mag goes in all the way fine. Any one experienced this?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi. Got a brand new Glock 23. Magazine holds 13 rounds. With all rounds loaded in mag it won't lock in. As soon as I remove round so that mag is holding only 12 rounds the mag goes in all the way fine. Any one experienced this?
I had problems with this on my 19 at first when loading all rounds. I had to use my hand and slam the magazine in pretty hard and then it locked in. After a couple times doing that I haven't had any problems.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
My 23 was really tough at first, gen4, I just kept feeding it slamming it, and reloading it and the spring finally loosened up and it works fine now.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Welcome Gilbody!!!!

Beat the mag to death until it complies with your demands!!!!

Nah, JK.

Work it in a little as they said above, it should loosen up...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
OH YEA!! Welcome Gilbody!! Enjoy the forum!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum Gilbody! I have the same problem with any new magazines but after a few weeks, the spring relaxes and you can slip in that last round without any trouble.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Welcome! Insert the mag like a man.... Had to tell a buddy that. "But I don't want to break it." "It's a Glock, you won't."

·
Registered
546 Posts
Leave for mags loaded for awhile when youre not shooting and it will help with the springs therefore helping the problem... That's what I did at least

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
I have this same issue and with the slide on the frame it's hard to insert mag without slamming it up in there. When my slide is locked back it goes in smooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rickjames said:
I have this same issue and with the slide on the frame it's hard to insert mag without slamming it up in there. When my slide is locked back it goes in smooth.
Yes checked and you're right. If the slide is back even a bit then the mag will go in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts