Magazine won't click in

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gilbody, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Gilbody

Gilbody New Member

Hi. Got a brand new Glock 23. Magazine holds 13 rounds. With all rounds loaded in mag it won't lock in. As soon as I remove round so that mag is holding only 12 rounds the mag goes in all the way fine. Any one experienced this?

2. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I had problems with this on my 19 at first when loading all rounds. I had to use my hand and slam the magazine in pretty hard and then it locked in. After a couple times doing that I haven't had any problems.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

My 23 was really tough at first, gen4, I just kept feeding it slamming it, and reloading it and the spring finally loosened up and it works fine now.

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Welcome Gilbody!!!!

Beat the mag to death until it complies with your demands!!!!

Nah, JK.

Work it in a little as they said above, it should loosen up...

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

OH YEA!! Welcome Gilbody!! Enjoy the forum!

6. Gilbody

Gilbody New Member

Awesome boys. Thank you!!!!

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum Gilbody! I have the same problem with any new magazines but after a few weeks, the spring relaxes and you can slip in that last round without any trouble.

8. riceroni87

riceroni87 New Member

They will loosen up with time. In the meantime ur going to have to slam the magazine in

9. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Welcome! Insert the mag like a man.... Had to tell a buddy that. "But I don't want to break it." "It's a Glock, you won't."

10. Gilbody

Gilbody New Member

Hehe. Ok got it!!

11. bfish

bfish Member

Leave for mags loaded for awhile when youre not shooting and it will help with the springs therefore helping the problem... That's what I did at least

12. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I have this same issue and with the slide on the frame it's hard to insert mag without slamming it up in there. When my slide is locked back it goes in smooth.

13. Gilbody

Gilbody New Member

Yes checked and you're right. If the slide is back even a bit then the mag will go in.

14. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

My 17 doesn't have this issue, just my 23.