magazine storage

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by jeremyx28, May 3, 2012.

1. jeremyx28

jeremyx28 New Member

How well do the springs hold up in the Glock mags if they are loaded for extended periods of time? Im a believer that one should be prepared for anything and I like to leave my mags fully loaded in case I ever have to grab and go. My dad always told me when I was a kid to never leave mags loaded cause the springs would compress and cause ftf's. However that was a long time ago and I know that the metal used to make the springs has come a long way. There will probably be alot of different opinions on this so to each his own, but, What do "you" do? Loaded or unloaded?

2. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

My range mags (extended mags)unloaded,however my carry mags are full 24/7-365

3. jeremyx28

jeremyx28 New Member

Ill read the threads. Thanks for the links, im on my phone and the search feature wasnt bringing up what I was looking for.

4. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

my glock is loaded assault rifles no . The problem isn't the spring as much as the opening spreading open a little . that leads to bad feeds..

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  5. jeremyx28

jeremyx28 New Member

I leave my Saiga 223 mags loaded as well. They are surefire (or SGM ..whatever they are called now). You think that's a bad idea? They are 30 round polymer.

6. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

MY tapco polymers took a crap from being loaded

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Keep them loaded and sleep well at night.

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

modern magazine springs will experience no issues from staying loaded, they only 'wear out' from use, i.e. loading/unloading/repeat

loaded or unloaded they are not going to wear out any faster, so I keep 'em loaded.