Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dude
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I attempted to take apart one of my G4 magazines to clean it as it fell in some mud. I pushed the tab in on the bottom, and the spring plate kicked sideways and fell down into the housing. It took me over an hour of fumbling and prying and depressing to get the thing apart. Has anyone had problems with this? I was not pleased and while I got the magazine back together, it's all marred up because of how I had to get the baseplate off.

I think it is fine, but I will not carry it until I'm sure... The other mags I've taken apart have not done this... What gives?

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Old style mags didn't have the little plate with the tab that goes into the base plate so all you did was squeeze the mag on each side of the base plate and it'd slide off. New style mags(like yours) have the little plate that has the tab that goes into the hole on the base plate so you not only have to press in on the tab to get it out of the base plate you also still have to squeeze the sides of the mag too. You may already know this or you may not but there it is just in case you didn't.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Its a rather simple process. I never need anything more than a punch and my hands. 10 seconds or less and its appart.

It has always baffled me when I see people saying they need pliers to squeeze the sides. If you push the plate down far enough or flip it up to fall down and out of the way the sides squeeze very easily.

·
Dude
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the help and the link to the good video. Unfortunately I did all of this. My luck just stinks apparently. I think the problem was that the two side tabs were all gummed up. I need to buy a couple more factory magazines anyway... Anyone wanna sell some? Lol.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
If the plate is not down far enough even when flipped up, it will not allow the sides to squeeze in easily. Next time you take one appart, take that inside plate and push it down flush with the lip of the mag. Then you will be able to observe why the sides wont squeeze in if that plate is in the way what so ever. It takes up almost all availible room for the sides to be able to squeeze in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.