Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just discovered during today's range session that....
Glock 31 magazines with follower number 5 are NOT compatible with 40SW.

This follower is narrower at the front and matching with the magazine (I'll try to get a picture).

It's interesting because I didn't know of the existence of this. It makes the feeding of 357sig rounds more reliable (I think) because they fit better in the channel but 40sw rounds cannot go up :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,178 Posts
You tried & it didn’t feed? I have only shot .357 sig outta .40 mags. Never tried .40 outta my .357 mags.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You tried & it didn’t feed? I have only shot .357 sig outta .40 mags. Never tried .40 outta my .357 mags.
Yes, in this 357sig mag with follower '5', 40SW rounds get stuck.
I tried, and just got a useless magazine full of 40sw rounds o_O (The first picture is from this evening at the range), the narrower front blocks the feeding.

357mags with follower '4' do not have any issues and can be exchanged.
No problems with 40sw mags.

This is the first time I see one of these and not sure where I bought it from

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
I've run .357SIG and 40S&W mags eithe way. I don't think that is your issue. It's more likely that crap aluminum ammo. First thing is check the OAL and then plunk test it in your barrel. Clearly too long for the mag.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've run .357SIG and 40S&W mags eithe way. I don't think that is your issue. It's more likely that crap aluminum ammo. First thing is check the OAL and then plunk test it in your barrel. Clearly too long for the mag.
I tested snap caps with same result

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Snap cats are not SAAMI spec. Test them in your 40S&W case gage, and then plunk test them in the barrel. 40S&W rounds are sensitive in Glock mags, it depends on bullet shape and OAL. Some rounds simply won't feed.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snap cats are not SAAMI spec. Test them in your 40S&W case gage, and then plunk test them in the barrel. 40S&W rounds are sensitive in Glock mags, it depends on bullet shape and OAL. Some rounds simply won't feed.
Interesting o_O.
I'll use a caliper this weekend to get some measures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts