Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Polymer80 Full Size frame (complete and serialized).
Are the G17 magwells compatible with a Polymer80 frame?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I just ordered a Polymer80 Full Size frame (complete and serialized).
Are the G17 magwells compatible with a Polymer80 frame?
No the Glock Magwell do not fit Ploymer 80's,there are not as many for the full size frame and yes they are different than the compact frame aka G 19,23.I think Ingless fit as well as various models from Steel City Arsenal,if it was the compact frame there are at least a dozen manufactures. I looked at Ingless and they show the full size as out of stock and it is made of printed polymer where as the steel city is of aluminum.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
It appears to be a Steel City Armory magwell,they fit nice and tightly in my experience,Congrats.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
How are the Mag Wells from Strike Industries ($18.00 if searched)?
I'm going to find out Monday,got one coming in the mail,Ill report what I think of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got a couple in. They are OK and fit snug, but I am not sure I like them that much but then I am not used to magwells. Feels fine in my hand though.
SJ40: how do you like them?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
just got a couple in. They are OK and fit snug, but I am not sure I like them that much but then I am not used to magwells. Feels fine in my hand though.
Just got it installed fits snug the rear has a bit of gap, learned they do fit both the compact frame and full size frame and most other manufactures they are separate models.

Heres a pic of the Ingles on a compact OD and the fit difference.

Attachments

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,431 Posts
Just got it installed fits snug the rear has a bit of gap, learned they do fit both the compact frame and full size frame and most other manufactures they are separate models.

Heres a pic of the Ingles on a compact OD and the fit difference.
looks like the Inglis is a better looking fit. What’s your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes the Ingles is a more exacting fit however a magazine with a standard OEM baseplate requires seating it home a thumb or more than solid thwack from the off hand, that or a extended baseplate.
In my picture is a plus three,like one would use on a fun stick, then seating a magazine is a piece of cake

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I tried my factory Glock 17 mag (Gen 4) - It is a slam in fit not a push in fit into my full size Poly80 factory built frame. I must slam it hard with the palm of my hand... not to sure about this or if it will get better with use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I decided to remove the magwell - it feels better without and magazine insertion is much easier despite the returned wobble.
Any good Grip Frame Plugs available for a Poymer80 full size frame or are the plugs the same size as in a G17 frame?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Update: I decided to remove the magwell - it feels better without and magazine insertion is much easier despite the returned wobble.
Any good Grip Frame Plugs available for a Poymer80 full size frame or are the plugs the same size as in a G17 frame?
I have found most Glock Butt plugs fit the P 80 just fine, have one in my P 80 full size but can't remember just who manufactured it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Contacted NDZ and they recommended the Jentra JP1 and the NDZ JP1 for the full size Polymer 80 frame.
They are a polymer material but inexpensive at $6.49 each. I sure wish the NDZ AL-1 in aluminum would have fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts