Mag release

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by haydenisabug, Mar 24, 2014.

1. haydenisabug

haydenisabug New Member

Most of us can agree the stock mag release isn't the best. But what is the best alternative without spending $100 in different mag buttons finding out what works?

Has anyone tried this one? It's in the magills Glockstore catalog ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1395718023.346496.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

I use the Zev on my Gen-4's and the factory extended release on the older Gen's.

3. common-wealth

common-wealth Member

Vickers !!!

4. I second that.

5. SMARKRAGE

SMARKRAGE Member

I have a glock extended slide and mag release. Hell I took to them and them put it in for free.

6. jefro36

jefro36 Active Member

What model GLOCK are you thinking about putting this on?

7. I have a Glockmeister extended mag release on my 19 gen 3 and it's perfect. Doesn't seem to stick out too much and in the right spot where I don't have to adjust my grip. For a Gen 3 most mag release extensions just stick out more. Me having kind of small hands for a guy I need one that came back like the extended slide lock.

[​IMG]

8. haydenisabug

haydenisabug New Member

G19 the one I posted a pic of at the beginning of this post I saw it today in person on a g19 and it sticks out so far it's just ridiculous

9. haydenisabug

haydenisabug New Member

Doesn't stick stupidly far ?

10. jefro36

jefro36 Active Member

Ok. G19 is a mid size. Some sub compact models guys where having problems hitting the extended mag release.

11. Not for me, but I'll see if it does whenever I start carrying it. I don't think it will be a huge deal though.

[​IMG]

12. haydenisabug

haydenisabug New Member

Right on how much was it?

13. $28 which I thought was a little pricey since they modified a stock plastic mag release but it's worked great so far. It did come with it's own little allen wrench though.

Whenever I do start to carry it, if it does seem to stick out too far where it's releasing the mag while still in the holster I might put the stock release back on. One reason I save all the old parts I replace lol.