Glock Firearms banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
rigdvr said:
That's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!
I've prolly read it 50 times and I laugh until I cry every time. Sarcasm at its best. That guy shoukd win the Nobel prize.

·
Dude
246 Posts
That was absolutely the best review I've ever read! Hilarious! HAHAH.:D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
That was some funny stuff!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Machete is the original multi-tool. If the blade is worked properly they can serve several functions. Most folks I see with them just sharpen them like a knife, and leave at that.
First the spine, close to the handle, should be squared flat for about three to four inches. This gives you a tool for scraping bone, bark, shavings for fire making. the same part under the spine aka the blade should be kept razor sharp so as to be used as a prep tool for food, making other weapons. The center portion of the blade should only have a working blade edge, this is less likely to dull quickly, and will provide a good chopping surface. The last three to two inch's of the blade should be speared as best you can, and kept fairly sharp. For hammering try to use the center portion of the spine, not the flat of the blade.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I've been watching zombie shows and just can't shake the need for machetes lol so I picked up a new one tonight since I'm on the road this week in case the zombies attack

View attachment 28279
The last time I used a machete was to clear some brush next to a pond I was fishing at to get closer to the water. Like yourself I want to get one , but it will be a cheap one from Harbor Freight as a “just in case” item.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I got the Gordon 18” machete with the saw back from Harbor Freight and I am surprised at the level of quality for only $5.00. I’m sure it’s a low level of stainless, but it will handle any practical uses you would need a machete for and doesn’t feel “cheap” like I was expecting. You can’t go wrong for 5 bucks. I did my own handle wrap with some baseball bat grip tape that I had left over from when my boys played baseball.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts