M&P shield thoughts

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glocknloaded, Jun 8, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

It's wondering if anybody has picked up the M&P shield or had the chance to shoot one? If so what do ya think!

They haven't started shipping to California yet but when they do I am thinking of making it my next handgun purchase.

2. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I do not own one but I have shot it. I have shot both the 9mm and the 40. It is a good gun and it has a lot of good reviews.

3. glocknloaded

How was the recoil?

4. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Not bad. I personally didn't like the 40, but I am also used to shooting 9mm. I thought the 9 was comparable to my G19. Both were real easy to control and get back on target though with minimum movement. The only complaint I had about the gun (which is minor) is the magazine capacity. My brother bought one and it comes with an extended mag and a regular mag. If I remember right the extended mag held 8. He bought the 40. If you are ever in a situation that you need more than 8 you are probably in trouble anyway. Just my opinion.

5. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

They completely killed it for me by not making it ambi like the larger models. Not a bad shooting little gun, though. I've shot the .40.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

The M&P was an amazing handgun. I rented it at our range, and it was a sweet shooter. I shot it, a Glock 17, and a Springfield XDm. All three were very fine pistols. To me, the Springfield had the least perceived recoil and the Glock had the least amount of muzzle rise. The M&P took the prize for best stock trigger though. My evaluation of the M&P in 9mm is that is an awesome weapon (a lot of our city's officers use it on duty) with a sweet sweet trigger.

7. APPstateGLOCK

APPstateGLOCK New Member

I'm not sure if it was the excitement of a new gun or what but the recoil of my brand new Shield 9mm felt less than my G19.

8. glocknloaded

I can't wait till they start selling in California, I think I'am sold.

9. APPstateGLOCK

APPstateGLOCK New Member

Get one, you won't regret it.

10. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Liked it a lot. Almost sold my Glock19 and replaced it with the M&P because it fit so much better - then I put the larger backstrap on the G19 and that resolved the problem. However, if I was going to get another 9mm it would be the M&P.

11. glocknloaded

Is that the M&P shield your referring to or the M&P 9c or the standard size M&P?