M&P Shield 9mm

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Armando1228, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Just picked a new Shield yesterday, I'm hoping to shoot it today. Nice price right around $375+ tax but still a great price.

ForumRunner_20120429_090624.jpg

2. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I really wanna like the M&P. I need to go rent one. My friend's g/f bought one, and it had this nast habit of dropping mags on half empty mags. Kinda weird, but I'm sure it was just something weird w that gun. Congrats bud.

3. My issue with smith is good triggers and bad triggers, some of the M&P I have owned have had atrocious triggers and reset.

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

That is a great price! I didn't realize it was longer in the handle than the 26. Thanks for the comparison shot! :D

5. kj4963

kj4963 Active Member

I am 4th on the list at a nearby gun shop for one, $399 + tax. I did not have to put any money down, so I could change my mind.

6. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

It's not it comes with a spare mag that holds an extra round and that's it.

7. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Rocking the GAP finger rest I see.

8. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I want one. Where did you find one at that price?

9. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

I've been dissecting the Shield and compared to my g26 the grip is narrower as well as the slide. Thinking it would be even better to carry. Question to all Glock fans - do you think Glock will follow suit and compete with the recently popularity of the more smaller compact handguns?

10. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I didn't think it was bigger either. great info pic !!!

I have the bodyguard 380 and think this would be a good brother for it.

11. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I think Glock probably has been working on one. But Glock being Glock they want to make sure it is perfect.

12. Raptor

Raptor New Member

image-2115627593.jpg

I love mine.....

13. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Thanks mauro! Just came from LGS and had to fondle the Shield again. Nice feeling gun. I may be a little spoiled for shooting Glock for 20 years w/ 3.5 trigger mod but I prefer Glocks trigger. Not to say I'm a pro nor versed - just what I'm used to.

14. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Have you been to the range yet? How's the narrower single stack feel when firing?

15. My wife really loves the Shield, now I can get my 26 back..

ForumRunner_20120504_071238.jpg

16. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Has she shot it yet ? My wife doesn't really like the bodyguards trigger pull and was wondering how this compared to the Glock.

17. Cleaned the gun the day I bought it we are hoping Saturday we can break it in. On the other hand I picked up a goodie for me.

ForumRunner_20120504_213401.jpg