M-14/M-1A Enthusiasts?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by michibaptist, May 5, 2012.

1. michibaptist

michibaptist New Member

Any M-14 enthusiasts out there?

Here is mine...

Attached Files:

2. michibaptist

michibaptist New Member

It is a Springfield Armory from the middle of 1990. I've gone through some changes with it. I had it all "tacticooled" out for a while with a vortex, and the extended bolt catch. But I run it more traditional now.

TRW Bolt, Oprod, trigger group, gas system
    Winchester Barrel
    NM flash suppersor
    Sadlak spring guide
    NM front sight
    Stock is some oversized heavy wooden stock, unsure on maker

3. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I don't own one, but it's a beautiful rifle and would love to get one someday. Nice pic...

4. It's on my list to get. My gun dealer said they are sold out at the moment but I will have one on day.

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I wish I had one. I'll get one through CMP when I get the funds saved up.

6. yska08

yska08 New Member

I can buy an Norinco m1a for 550 euro. Wise or dumb thing to do?

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

CMP sells M1 Garands, not M1a/M14s

That said, CMP is great, I just bought 2 service grade Springfield Garands from them and they are in amazing shape. A few scratchs on the sides of the barrel, but the wood was excellent and there was only the tiniest hint of cosmoline on a couples spots of the metal.

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Pass

The polytech and Norincos are notorious for having substandard, crap metal receivers and poor fit/finish. You'll end up spending several hundred more on replacement parts to get a decent shooter and still have a $500 rifle. Better off saving up the extra and getting a Springfield Armory M1A

9. savage07

savage07 New Member

I don't own one, but it's is in my wish list and I hope one day own one!

10. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Great looking rifle thanks for sharing

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I own an M1 Garand, but wouldn't mind adding an M-14 to my collection.

12. michibaptist

michibaptist New Member

I'm sorry to say that the CMP no longer sells M-14's or parts any longer. At least from what I've heard and looked at. Too bad though. They have some good firearms and decent deals.

13. michibaptist

michibaptist New Member

550 Euro's is about $720 American. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Now, Bhale187 brought up some important information. The quality of the metal is substandard. Many people will have the receivers heat treated to get the quality up to a decent standard. Some of the parts are probably needing to be replaced as well.

The good thing is that they are exact copies of the real deal. So it isn't that they will not function properly. It's a matter of how long.

But for $720, or 550 Euros, I would buy it. Unless you have the ability to purchase other M-14's readily. But then I probably would still buy it... I just love M-14's. Lol.