LWD Ultimate Armorers Tool

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by nd4spd3001, Feb 13, 2012.

1. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    Just got this in the mail today and I thought I would share some thoughts and pictures. Comes with brush, flat head screw driver, 3/32 punch, and front sight nut tightener. I have TruGlo TFO sights and it fits perfectly. Construction seems to be decent for a range bag tool and it has a clip to clip it on things. LWD website for $20.

Attached Files:

2. Shooting98

Shooting98 Member

What kind of metal is that?

3. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    I would have to guess brass. So hitting it with a hammer might not be the best idea. Unless it has a nylon head on the hammer.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

I have one. It's solid brass, the punch is plastic, the brush bristles are nylon, and the pocket clip appears to be steel.

It worked perfectly for removing and installing the front sight. But the walls of the hex nut driver had some brass flashing in them which I had to remove with a razor blade before the tool would fit smoothly and easily onto the front sight screw.

5. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

And you have to take out the nylon brush too everytime you use the punch w/ hammering.. :confused:

6. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    Yeah the brush has to come off to use a hammer. Having the brush on is what keeps those other little tools inside.

Also the punch is plastic but it has been hardened in this newer version.

7. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 New Member

Mine must be a older one. (I've had it for about 5 years.) My punch is steel.