Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good diagram or would someone make a diagram showing the key points to lubricate a glock. Not a fan of YouTube it takes a long to load on my phone and my laptop is broken. Thanks!

·
Banned
22 Posts
I have the same question, particularly that spot at the right rear of the frame, the manual shows a pic, but it gives points to a spot in a view I cannot see, a cutout!

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I have the same question, particularly that spot at the right rear of the frame, the manual shows a pic, but it gives points to a spot in a view I cannot see, a cutout!
If I understand you correctly......
That is a supposed to be showing the rail of the slide, put a drop into the rail on both sides of the slide

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Put a drop where the trigger bar makes contact with the trigger connector. That's the part in the manual you are asking about.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Put a drop where the trigger bar makes contact with the trigger connector. That's the part in the manual you are asking about.
DOH, I read that twice and somehow got right rear of the picture instead of right rear of th e frame.

I need some rest, reading comprehension is gone today:eek:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Awesome guys thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks, the information above is very helpful to me as I just took delivery of a new G19 GEN3 today and need to get it ready for range tryout.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ditto, however as our Dept. armorer I recommend a dab of white lithium grease in this particular spot and the tiniest drop possible of heavy oil everywhere else.......

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Every glock comes with a owners manual... Did you not get one? I have like 10 of them in my house lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ditto, however as our Dept. armorer I recommend a dab of white lithium grease in this particular spot and the tiniest drop possible of heavy oil everywhere else.......
Tell him not to use the grease. The armorer I replaced at my Dept. did that too. Once the temps got to about freezing it made the glocks to where they would not have enough force to set off the primers. I had to tear them all down. Ran them through a bath of Hoppes #9, The ultrasonic cleaner them reassembled with proper oil and they all worked.

That convinced me to never use a grease on a defensive firearm. YMMV

·
Registered
68 Posts
larry said:
Thanks, the information above is very helpful to me as I just took delivery of a new G19 GEN3 today and need to get it ready for range tryout.
Let me know if your Glock ejects shelled to the side and not to face of top of your head !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts