Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 230 grain bullet have the lowest recoil? I am trying to stay away from a hot, snappy round and go with the "push" of the .45, but I was wondering if there is something with less felt recoil.
Thanks.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Blades said:
Does the 230 grain bullet have the lowest recoil? I am trying to stay away from a hot, snappy round and go with the "push" of the .45, but I was wondering if there is something with less felt recoil.
Thanks.
I forgot who, but someone makes a "low recoil" home defense load. I want to say federal, but I'm not 100% sure

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
165gr at 1140fps in 45acp.........sounds alot like 40s&w which is alot snappier than any 45acp I've shot. I know it advertises low recoil, but I don't think that load is what you are looking for in a 45 round thats more push than snap

Looks like Guard Dog is the 'new" bullet for low recoil, home defense.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Thanks.
Yea something smaller then a .45 will have less recoil lol :p.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...SPG-3-GOOGLE&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse They have 200 gr .45 acp

http://store.chencustom.com/45_ACP_SOLID_DEFENSE_X_SDX_Barnes_185_gr_HP_P_s/78.htm they have 185 gr .45.

180 gr is what they are packing the .40 round with so you might just have to man up if you want that .45 acp caliber lol :p.

·
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For now I'll just stick with the 230 grain round. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Blades said:
For now I'll just stick with the 230 grain round. Thanks everyone.
That's what the Army uses. I'm accustomed to them for that very reason. iMHO that's the best weight for a .45 for most applications.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts