Love the Glock Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dbrady0993, May 8, 2012.

1. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this site and also fairly new to shooting. I've wanted to get in to guns and shooting for some time, but I have 2 boys and I (and the wife) was a little uneasy about owning guns while they were still very young. My boys are 9 and 6 now, so I felt it was a good time to jump in. I took my first shooting class and CWL class about 2 months ago. I've purchased a Glock 26 and a dare I say it Colt .45 1911 Rail Gun. I am totally hooked and love my Glock and learning as much as I can about shooting, guns, carry laws, etc. This site has been very helpful. I am still waiting on my CWL after about 5-6 weeks. Thanks for all the useful information!

Attached Files:

2. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

How u like the talon grips. I have them on my 27. Makes it a lot easier to hold on to while shooting off mag after mag of .40cal. Nice 1911 BTW and welcome to your new addiction. Hahahaha. Just make sure u teach the boys the right ways. Curiosity killed the .......u know what I mean. Take care. Oh and unfortunately, in IL all we have is illegal carry so can't really talk too much about carry subjects. :(

3. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

Thanks for the welcome! I really like the Talon grips so far. I just put them on about a week ago so I don't have a lot of rounds with them yet and haven't CC with it until my license arrives, but so far it was a good upgrade. I completely hear you regarding the kids. I've talked to them before the purchase about what I was doing and what the "ground rules" are. I've since show them my guns and and have a good safe for secure storage. Too bad about the IL laws. I used to live in Oak Park and Aurora, IL for several years right after college. Great state, but the winters drove me crazy. happily live in Central Florida now.

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

That's a really nice Colt. My Series 80 is almost to the point of a complete refurbishing. So it's in reserve right now. My G 21 Gen 4, & XDM 4.5 are getting plenty of workouts though. I do like my .45's I'm sure you'll enjoy yours too.

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum dbrady0993!

6. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

7. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, dbrady0993, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Nice looking pistols there !

(I have the G26, among other things, and love it!)

I have 2 girls, and when they were little I took them out shooting in the desert....loaded one round in the magazine, charged the weapon, and had them fire the one round without hearing protection on. Ever since, they understood what it was like for a gun to discharge, and recognize the importance of hearing protection, but more importantly, they learned that guns are not playthings.

Again, WELCOME!

9. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

Good tip Happysniper1. I may try that myself with the boys. Thanks.

10. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Viewing the pics on my phone I can't really tell, but are your Talons grips the rubberized or sandpaper style?

And welcome to the Forum...

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

By the way, that's a nicely dressed-up G26!

All that's missing is the painted lettering on the slide, and maybe a polished barrel!

12. Love me a polished barrel hehe

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum dbrady0993 !!

14. I would be very careful about a child shooting with no ear protection, believe me I know, just one shot can destroy a portion of their hearing and they'll never get it back.
    I lost a big portion of my hearing at 14, working at a service station, fixing truck flats. This was in the fifties, we didn't have the machines to change the tires, we beat them off with a sledge hammer, steel on steel would ring like a bell. My ears would ring too. Today I can't hear the higher frequencies without hearing aids.
    Be very careful about hearing protection with kids. Just my 2 cents worth.

15. Oh welcome to the forum!!!

16. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

They are the sandpaper version. Thanks for the welcome!

17. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

Thanks. A polished barrel is on my list of things to do!

18. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

Thanks bamp! That's good feedback. I think i can achieve the desired effect with a trip to the range with me even with ear plugs. All the best!

19. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome dbrady! Im fairly new back to shooting to and glad to be back. Youll love it here great comaraderie! Welcome

20. dbrady0993

dbrady0993 New Member

Thanks for the welcome dutchs. Loving it so far!