Love it!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by NvRBanArms, May 18, 2012.

1. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Almost complete. Waiting for my E2 grips in the mail. I know it's a glock forum but couldn't resist. Sorry cant really see the sights in the pic. But they r the TFO's. Next I need to get the front fiber switched to red. And the rear switched to yellow.

Attached Files:

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

What is this? the picture is kind of dark...

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Looks like a Sig P226 with a finger groove grip. Need a better pic though.

4. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Yeah that pic came out bad.

Attached Files:

5. jimmyalbrecht

Hey, there we go! That's a nice looking firearm! What is it? lol I'm not very familiar with Sig handguns.

6. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

You lost me. Still trying to figure out what u wrote. Lol.

7. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Here you go thread, enhanced photo a bit. Looks like a Sig Sauer P226 Elite with Hogue grips which is a machine!! Nice work.

image-1485122810.jpg

8. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Thanks guys. I was horrible with this gun when I first started out with it. Then just something ticked and I was shooting great with it, now it's my bedside gun. Retired the custom beretta M9 and trying to sell it. But not having any luck with that. Have lots of goodies to go with it also.

9. jimmyalbrecht

You got pics of the Beretta?

10. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Yes. I'll put them up in a minute.

11. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

It shoots beautifully too. Very very hard to part with, but need the money.

12. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Thanks. My first time shooting it, I hated the I dot sight system so I sent the slide in to get trijicons installed. Then it became a tack driver.

13. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

If anyone is interested, let me know.

14. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Excellent choice in the 226! I recently picked up a non-railed 229 with both .40 & .357Sig barrels. It's got Siglite sights and is currently wearing the Hogue standard grip panels. I have a short trigger, SRT kit and an E2 kit on the way. By the end of next week, it will be much enhanced and I will be even more in love. :)

15. jimmyalbrecht

That sounds like a nice weapon. I want a sig. I picked one up while in my LGS (a 229) and it felt super nice. I have yet to shoot one though.

16. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

They take some getting used to if your used to shooting Glocks. That is if you hold your hands high, because you will almost always hold the slide stop and the slide won't lock back after last round. But that's not that bad. Took me some adjusting and now I'm used to holding it the right way.

17. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Yeah, I'm waiting for my E2's to get here and gonna see how I like them. I held off on the short trigger because I heard ppl say with the e2 grip and short trigger, it makes it too short. Mine is the elite model so it already has the short reset and a beavertail. Don't really like the beavertail too much because it makes it a little harder to cock the hammer. If I had my way, I would give it up for a regular 226 just because the beavertail. Or have someone do some custom work and shave it off. Hmmmmmm..... Just might look into that. The siglites bothered me. I had the adjustables and hated them. So I put on some truglo TFO. I love them. They r bright. And I found a way to fix the tubes from falling out. Took some clear nail polish and put a drop on top of the fiber optic tube just where it meets the rear of the sight. That should seal the inside so it can't fall out.