Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t know if my imagination or not but it seems that the slide on my G48 is a little loose. It’s not a lot but it rattles left/right more than my 43X. Should there be any “slop” at all? Am I just making something out of nothing?

·
Legitimate Combatant
2,771 Posts
If you really want to tighten up the slide it can be done.
Johnny Glock videos for just such an adjustment.
It is semi brutal with a hammer and if you've not done this before or don't have spare slides don't do it.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,761 Posts
It is semi brutal with a hammer and if you've not done this before or don't have spare slides don't do it.
AKA Don’t F’n Do It!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've also seen it done with a vice but your warning would apply equally.

Reactions: Olga17

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Glocks don't care about slide to frame fit, only barrel to slide lockup. Only way to increase mechanical accuracy is to get an over sized barrel and have it gun smith fitted, then finish chamber reamed to your exact hand loads.

If you want a tightly fitted upper, get a Wilson Combat Super Grade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glocks don't care about slide to frame fit, only barrel to slide lockup. Only way to increase mechanical accuracy is to get an over sized barrel and have it gun smith fitted, then finish chamber reamed to your exact hand loads.

If you want a tightly fitted upper, get a Wilson Combat Super Grade.
Took the gun to a glock smith. His words were if a Glock doesn’t rattle something is broke.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I suggested doing this sometime back and got slammed for it and the post was shut down.

A loose slide, especially one that is loose up and down, will change the relationship between the crucifix sear and the striker. As the slide rises, the sear slides down the striker. Johnny Glock states that Glock itself allows 1/3 of the sear to show below the striker and the gun is still safe. He makes his guns so that100% of the striker makes sear contact for safety reasons.

If the slide is pushed up as far as it will go and that usually happens if a loaded mag is put in and the sear does not show below the striker, you are safe and according to Glock, you can have 1/3 of it show and still be good.

I tightened up my G19 slide as he showed it with a slightly modified method other than just smacking the slide with a hammer. I have done it to 1911's and both the Glock and the 1911's were successful. It is not of the faint of heart and because Glock slides are quite hardened, they do have a chance of cracking. My sear makes 100% contact with the striker and the slide has no movement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts