Loose rounds in magazine

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jmiles50, Apr 24, 2012.

1. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I notice in a few of my G17 mags that have a loose round wiggling around, but ONLY when I have 16 rounds in the mag. When they're full or at 15 they're no movement, but at 16 I can see a round that doesn't wanna sit against the back of the mag like the rest. Is this an issue, or does it happen to everyone?

2. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

No issue. That round will tighten up in the mag and feed just fine.

3. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Any idea why it's happening? Has it ever happened to any of your mags?

4. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm experiencing the same thing with my G26 mags. Haven't had a feed issue yet, but the rattling noise is a little bothersome when I move.

5. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

I just checked the mags on my duty belt and in the pistol. Two of the three mags have a round rattling. One a little more than the other. I dont really know whats going on in the mag, maybe the way the spring sets, idk. I've never worried about it I've NEVER had a problem or feeding issue. I believe its a non- issue myself.

6. I have one G27 mag that does this... sometimes... I find if I get a good push on the 8th round I put in and the 9th goes in very easily then the bottom round wiggle wiggle wiggles.

I know it means nothing but holy hell does it bother me... I ALWAYS take it out and reload the mag.

7. It's common, every glock mag I have ever owned does it. Never a FTF issue.

8. My 27 does same thing, and my S&W .40 sigma is really bad to do it. I just slap the mag on the bottom before I insert it in. Most of the time it fixes the problem. It is really annoying like another here has said, but doesn't cause any problems.

9. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Umm I just check all 10 of my mags 5 23 mags & 5 27 mags all factory & 4th GEN And none of them rattle.

10. I get the rattle every now and then. All I do is unload round by round until it stops and start reloading again but like others have stated, it will still feed fine in the glock.

11. Don't worry, they will lol

12. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Yeah, so far my 26 mags don't do it, but my 17 mags shake rattle and roll.

13. 1glockman

1glockman New Member

Both my 26 and 17 rattle,never an issue. Both gen4.

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Darn it. :)