Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polished pin surfaces. 3.5# spring. TI safety plunger. Why does my firing pin move with the trigger in the fully rear position?

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
Polished pin surfaces. 3.5# spring. TI safety plunger. Why does my firing pin move with the trigger in the fully rear position?
With the trigger in the rear position, the striker safety plunger is depressed, allowing the striker to move forward. You should check periodically to ensure that the pin is free-floating like that. If it doesn't rattle around with the plunger depressed, you've probably got gunk in the striker channel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I was wondering bc my dad just bought a gen 3 17 and his pin doesnt move at all in the safe position . Sorry about the language. It was bugging me.

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
Thanks. I was wondering bc my dad just bought a gen 3 17 and his pin doesnt move at all in the safe position . Sorry about the language. It was bugging me.
His gun is the faulty one; that pin should rattle around something awful any time the trigger is in the rear position. Get it cleaned up ASAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts