Looking to get my first 223. any suggestions on what brand

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tact, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Tact

Tact New Member

Looking to get my first 223. any suggestions on what brand I should buy

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Are you talking AR-15 or Mini-14, etc?

3. Miay0187

Miay0187 New Member

I have a colt m4 carbine and couldn't be happier. It's def worth the extra couple hundred bucks. My buddy built one on his own and is constantly complaining about it and it ended up coming out to $200 less that what I spent on my fully assembled colt. Just my opinion though!

4. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

I would purchase a colt. The new ones have a pretty bad azz "colt super stock" similar to magpul. I have a colt 6940LE and love it. Also own a rock river arms entry tactile. I have been very happy with that as well. I own a dpms sass in .308. Not too lucky with that gun. Jams every time after 20 rounds. I would save money and get something more reliable then DPMS.

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Rock River Arms would be my choice, in my opinion they are by far the most bang for the buck so to speak. Assembled by hand in the USA, lifetime warranty, and great customer service. I know of 2 times an officer on our department did something stupid and broke a part on their RRA. Both times they called RRA and told them what they did (and it was clearly user error not a defect), both times RRA offered to fix it for the price of one way on shipping or they would ship the part no charge. In both cases RRA next day shipped a replacement part for them to install themselves (I did the install).

6. Miay0187

Miay0187 New Member

Yeah I like RRA products... They just got the expiring Colt military contract right?

7. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

I don't know whats wrong with your Dpms. But I've had nothing but great luck with my sweet sixteen.... Stainless barrel very accurate. Never jams. Just my experience with dpms..

8. g35g27maniac

g35g27maniac New Member

I have a Seekins Precision AR-15 w a RRA stage 2 trigger, love it!

9. Tact

Tact New Member

Ar_15 never really got into them but more iam think it could hurt to own one

10. Tact

Tact New Member

Remember unfortunately I live on NY State the backward azz State in the world we have to many rules here so I am limited to what I can buy