Looking for Warranty Repair in Houston/Austin area of Texas

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by texas2wheeler, Sep 7, 2012.

1. texas2wheeler

texas2wheeler New Member

Hi,

I apologize if this is a duplicate question previous answered.
    Searched the forums with no luck, so here goes.

I have searched the web unsuccessfully but was hoping to find a list of places that could do warranty work on my Glock 22 Gen 4.

I live in the middle of nowhere near Brenham TX about half way between Houston / Austin on the large scale / between Brenham / Bastrop on the small scale.

I'm looking for a Glock Certified Armorer that can perform Warranty work on my 2 month old Gen 4 Glock 22 that is showering me with brass, 2 stove pipes so far and badly denting every most piece of brass that goes through it and getting worse as the gun approaches only 150 rounds through it.

So far my best bet sounds like Tomorrow and Sunday - there's a Glock Armorer that's supposed to be at ChampionFirearms in College Station but depending on turn out, sounds like it could turn into a really long wait and don't want to waste a full day just to get the gun checked out and "maybe" repaired without it being test fired by the armorer after the repair.

Thanks in Advance for your help.
    - Ben

2. txproud

txproud New Member

Champions in Bryan was my recommendation, call before you go over. You might also try Independence Firearms in Brenham. Worst case scenario would be Gander Mountain. I don't know if there's a store in Austin but there is one at 290 & Hwy 6 in NW Houston.

3. texas2wheeler

texas2wheeler New Member

thanks for the reply TXproud. You know the gun stores in my neighborhood!

I bought the gun at Independence Firearms at a great price. I work in Brenham so it's only a short 18 mile round trip after work for me. I don't remember the exact wording but they have signs up to the effect that it is between you and the manufacturer if you have any warranty issues. I've been back in with pistol and asked Jason (I believe it was) about sending it to Glock and he said they handled way to many guns to get into the Warranty return business and at the low margin they sell them at it's not built into their price. Really sounds like they don't have a good means to track gun returns. It is not going to be very convenient for me to send it back to Glock on my own since I don't have access to a FedEx Shipping facility - BCS is the nearest that I know of, besides that it goes against my thinking that it should be the manufacturer footing the bill since they should be responsible for making it right.

Since I didn't buy it at Champions I don't see them offering to do any more for me with out charging me. The Glock days event going on today with the Armorer there sounds like my best bet with them.
    A&M/Florida game starts at 2:30, so if I head that way I'll probably shoot for getting there about 2:30. - usually I avoid BCS on game days the whole town turns into a big grid lock traffic wise.

Even if I get this problem resolved today I'd still would like to learn about any Glock Armorers in the area, would be good to know for future issues / upgrades.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Ben

4. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I was having the same problem with my G23. I did not want to hassle sending it out to Glock and being with out my firearm for how ever many weeks it would take them to fix it. I just went ahead and ordered the updated ejector from midwayUSA. You can check and see if you have the old ejector by simply field stripping you G22 and look at the ejector number. If it is stamped 1882 then it is the old style. You can order a new one from the following link, it still shows the old one pictured but they will send you a new one stamped 28926. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/96...ng-with-ejector-glock-40-s-and-w-generation-4

This may or may not fix your problem, but it fixed mine. For $7.99 + shipping it is probably cheaper than what you would spend on gas dropping your G22 off your nearest fed ex. There are tons of videos on youtube showing how to detail strip your Glock frame if you do not have experience. If you do not, don't sweat it it's easy and you cant screw it up. Just make sure to remember to put the trigger connector onto the new housing.

5. texas2wheeler

texas2wheeler New Member

Justin,

Thanks for the reply this might be just what I need to do!

Your Glock 22 Gen 4 came with the new Ejector (28926) ?
    Any visible difference between the two - the new one longer or shorter than the old one?

Also did you cases look like these?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

No I purchased 2 one for my 23 and one for my 22. I am not sure if Glock has started using the new ejectors yet. My casings did have significant dents when the problems were happening. Also the new ejector has a little bit of a twist and bent to the right a little bit.

7. txproud

txproud New Member

You want a little bend, that's what sends them to the right. I love when people complain about brass hitting in the face or head and then come to find they "straightened" the ejector.

Have you tried swapping barrels with some one else's gun? You could have a few things, out of spec barrel or chamber (extremely rare), lose extractor (happens to older guns a lot), mag lips too tight (usually causes feed problems, but can damage brass during cycle) or trigger bar out of spec with tab bent inward damaging brass.

8. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Contact Glock by phone they will take care of you! If needs to go for warranty repair they will guide you to either nearest armor rear and send you the needed part or will tell you how to ship if needed...

9. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

It's kind of tough to straighten out an ejector that comes from the factory straight. The ejector is a common issue with the gen 4 that is why Glock made an updated one with a bend and a twist.

10. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

You would want to call Glock and most likely they will need it mailed. Or maybe they send you a new ejector. If you are a member of GSSF they will fix it for free. It might even be worth be inning a member and going to one if the matches just for the free armorer service! It's like $25 for a year. And $20 a match. But you could just sign up not pay to compete and walk up to the armorers table and they'll figure it out. It's really a great perk while being able to compete and improve your skills. Also have a lot of fun.

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

If you ask kindly, and be a little assertive, they may give you a prepaid shipping label…

aksdmf's Glock was doing this earlier today just cause he had the gun tilted to the left at a 30 degree angle.

12. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

13. texas2wheeler

texas2wheeler New Member

Thank you to all that replied ordered the glock 40 cal ejector from midwayusa Sunday evening it arrived today via USPS first class for under$4 shipping replaced the ejector and problem seems to be solved however out of 3 short mags (5 rounds each) I still wound up with 2 badly dented cases each was last round in the magazine.

Thanks again
    Ben - Texas2Wheeler
    Shoot safely,straight and often!

14. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

2 casing isn't bad, how many rounds did you shoot?

15. texas2wheeler

texas2wheeler New Member

Answer to prev question: 15 or 16 rounds.

Since then I've put another 30 thru it (2 full mags) and have another couple of dented cases. Dents not nearly as bad as I had with the other extractor. Now that I have the ejection issue resolved I've resized all of my now once fired brass and only a few cases out of 200 are in my opinion not reloadable. Yesterday I reloaded and shot a half dozen 155 grain Speer jacketed bullets and now have 30 more reloaded using my 28 year old lee turret press. These reloads are a little milder than the Speer lawman factory rounds. Later I have som 180 grain Nosler I'll load.

Thanks again for the replies especially the one encouraging me to get the extractor and spend 10 minutes replacing it. Now I know how truely simple it is to disassemble and reassemble the Glocks after watching just 2 you tube videos. maybe an armorer course is in my future

16. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I still get some dented casings with the new ejector, but it fixed the brass to the face and the failures while shooting. Those were the biggest issues.