Oregon Looking for shooting buddies

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by MissPistol, Jul 6, 2013.

1. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Glad you had a great time and that you did well! I am looking forward to the 2014 schedule too. I will of course do any Oregon matches, other than that I'll have to
    see where they are and if I can arrange it.

Was there a good turnout at Bremerton?

2. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

They told me they were getting close to 200 shooters. I think that's a pretty good turnout. The folks from the range were very nice people. I would definitely shoot the Match there again.

3. sglide05

I placed 38th out of 65 shooters in my division (civilian) for the Bremerton Match. There were more than 200 shooters total in all divisions.

4. TheFactor

TheFactor The Glock Factor

From Beaverton and The place to shoot is one of my go to places in Portland . But I'm up for anywhere within a reasonable distance . Would love to get together with a small group and hit the range .

5. sglide05

The range in Dundee is nice but you have to be a member. I'm a member and I can take up to 3 guests if you want to go shoot sometimes.

6. TheFactor

That would be a little to long of a drive for me :(

7. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

The Place to Shoot

Factor - Sure - I joined TPTS last spring and then the weather got nice. Reaaaaally nice! So I ended up going to Dundee on weekends. Now that the weather is getting ready to turn an occassional evening or weekend day at TPTS would be great.

8. TheFactor

That would be great I actually just went to TPTS this afternoon and renewed my membership . They have a thing going now were you can shoot your own ammo . In the summer I use to go to I think it was Browns camp /Rogers camp area it's off the 6 but it's been a few years . I haven't gone since I sold my 4wd but it's not really needed a car does just fine down the gravel roads . But ya I really like TPTS I ran about 185 rounds there today to break in my glock and it was flawless .Now if I could only shoot as good as my glock lol . Never been to Dundee though .

9. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

We just shot another match at Dundee yesterday. Great place to shoot. Look into USPSA shooting. Once you try it normal trips to the range will seem very boring. Shooting and moving, drawing from a holster, moving targets, steel targets, etc. We are meeting shooters from all over the NW.

10. TheFactor

For sure sounds like a lot of fun !! I've done a lot of drawing and shooting , shooting from the prone position . Also behind barricades but never at moving targets . I've done a lot of moving and shooting at stationary targets but moving targets sounds like a challenge .I know what you mean though about after experiencing USPSA the shooting range is a different animal probably not much of a challenge in comparison. Some friends and I use to take our motorcycles out at PIR with organizations that rent the track . After that riding the streets was no longer any fun and I was hooked !

11. Silver-Bolt

Very much like track days. Ex track junkie here too.

12. TheFactor

LoL so you do understand :D

13. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Track junkies? We do need to talk. I used to drive my '73 Alfa spider, then my ex's '95 z28 at PIR. I am no expert but I love sports cars!

14. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

So you guys went! Cool! How did you do? I am fighting a cold. So probably next month.....

15. TheFactor

Nice ! PIR use to be my home Away from home lol . When I wasn't doing a track day with my Gixxer 1000 I was doing the 1/4 mile in my 03 mustang Cobra . I think we need a Intervention :D
    Hope you feel better !

16. Silver-Bolt

Did SCCA for years. PIR was home track but we also ran SIR, Sears Point, Laguna, Willow Springs, Phoenix, Denver, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, etc. Built a 2000 Ford Lightning and ran 1/4 mile at Woodburn and PIR. Fun times. My two wheel flavor of choice was Aprilia. Had a 2004 Aprilia Tuono Factory and a 2008 Aprilia SXV550 Supermoto.

17. TheFactor

Nice ! The lightning inspired me to buy a Cobra , I heard the supercharger on a lightning drive by one time . I went to a ford dealer to check them out and really liked them but left with new Supercharged 03 SVT Mustang Cobra had personalized plates that read CFU CAN :D It was pretty fast ran a 11.8 and a trap speed around 120ish on street tires "cheaters" Just bolt on go fast parts pulleys, ported and polished blower anyway as you know the list goes on lol .Had it Dynoed at Torque Freaks and made the 500 hp club lol hit 502rwh and around 540rwt . My bike was crazy fast though hit a 10.2 and 144mph it was hard to keep the front end down . Man you had some sweet bikes got to love those Italians ! I've had to many list over the years but by Favorite was the K7 Suzuki Gsxr 1000 Dyno tuned it at 168 hp scary fast with just a slip on , gears and power commander . All this talk is making me miss it lol and the track . Just sold it about a year ago or so . Big mistake !

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  18. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Oh man. You guys were waaaaay more into it than I was (not. Jim. He would have been right in your zone). But I did manage to drive PIR a few times and Laguna. Tagged along with Jim while he drove sir, willow, etc. I never did motorcycles. Creeps me out.

19. TheFactor

As long as you enjoyed it that's what counts , I enjoyed it a little to much lol .

20. sglide05

Where do you live?