Oregon Looking for shooting buddies

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by MissPistol, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Wish I was closer to you. I'd trade you out even for Blazer Brass. I really like FM ammo. Guess after almost 10K rounds, it grew on me!

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I didn't keep the receipt, but I think it was $47.00

3. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I think I'm going to get the 30SF, although I want to compare it against a the 30S, 21SF and the 36.. From what I've been reading though the 30SF should work perfectly for me. I've been on a diet and lost a fair amount of weight. I told my husband when I reached my first goal, I was going to use my GSSF coupon and purchase a new Glock. Normally he would be upset (he mistakenly thinks we have enough guns, lol) but since he is happy I'm loosing weight he isn't complaining.
    I told him when I reach my second goal, I'm going to use his coupon to buy another one! Who knows what I'll buy when I reach my final goal, lol.
    Sorry again we walked off with it! Yes, we all need to set up another time to meet out at Dundee! It was a lot of fun. Next time we'll go without our friends so we won't have to leave early.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Most definitely! Now I am contemplating a .45 I NEVER would have guessed. The 36 intrigues me. I didn't realize glock had a single stack anything. I kind of had the hits for an AR15 and a glock that I could tack tactical stuff onto. No real reason for it.

Give a holler when next you go to the range!

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

A range officer at a different range we go to suggested I try a .45. I blew him off because I figured the recoil would be awful. So I was grateful to try one out at Dundee. Not much recoil and a great shooter. Just have to decide which one I want.
    For sure. Actually thinking of going this Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  6. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

It could. Work. Sunday is my most likely day. It's fun.

7. rix4x4

rix4x4 Member

Have been watching this thread, but haven't been able to make time to come down and shoot. Am in the gorge and haven't been able to shoot as much as I'd like since they closed our range a couple years ago. Would really like to do a GSSF match soon.
    Have the 30sf & 20sf I'd bring down to let you try out if you haven't bought by then.

Rick

8. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

My buddy and I have an extra set of steel plates we would like to sell. $40.00 Send me a PM if you are interested.

9. sglide05

The .45 ACP is a great round. :D

10. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I'm interested in the ones that hang....I don't want to run out and have to reset up the ones that have the base on them. Especially in the rain:D

11. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Agreed! Loved your G21SF.

12. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I did the GSSF match they had in Albany. It was a lot of fun.

Come join us this Sunday at Dundee if you can make it in from the gorge.
    You can come free as our guest.
    Would love to try out the 30sf before I make a decision. My husband is convince it will hurt my hand (ie have too much recoil) and that I should
    get a 21sf. I think the 30sf would be perfect, but it's nice to try one out
    before purchasing it.

We've enjoyed meeting people from the forum, so join us Sunday if you can!

13. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

We are planning to get there 11:30.

14. sglide05

They do have holes in them for hanging. They also have the base on them. Send me your email address and I'll send you a pic.

15. Trouter2

Trouter2 New Member

NWglockgal .....,
    Recoil on a G30 is nothing at all .. Very slight compared to the
    1911 frame ...I definitely recommend the model 30 for your first
    .45 .. Fun weapon to shoot ...
    Paul

16. sglide05

The G30 Gen 4 will be the next .45 I buy from Glock. I have big hands so the full frames are best for me.

17. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Thanks....I am not really concerned but he is for some reason. From what I have seen it seems the 30sf is similar in size t
    o a G19 which I love and it fits my hand perfectly.

18. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Aw nuts.

I might miss you this week. I teach a lesson till 12. by the time I get out of the house and get down there it'll be at least 1 or 1:30. Just in time for the boiling hot sun though!

19. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

The time isn't set in stone.....just sounded like a reasonable time. Why don't you PM me Sunday AM and let me know what time you will be there. I can probably make it work.

20. sglide05

The Bremerton Match was fun. My buddy and I had a good time. I did fairly well. My friend not so well. Can't wait for the 2014 schedule to come out. My friend and I will probably do 6 of them.