Oregon Looking for shooting buddies

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by MissPistol, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

I live in Portland, and am a member at the Chehalem Valley range in Dundee for outdoor shooting, and The Place to Shoot for indoor (wintertime and rainy). I went to Dundee today to try out my new Glock. It's a nice contemplative activity, but would be more fun with pals to shoot together and maybe investigate a winery afterwards. Anybody looking to form a little shoot group (no pun intended)? ;)

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Sure,I'll join you. My husband likes to shoot but not as much as I do. My application for Dundee is pending,but I could go as your guest until the application goes through.
    I know a couple of other gals that might be interested too.

3. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

You bet. Wife and I belong to Tri-County and go at least once a week. Also look at join USPSA. There are lots of local members and they shoot most every weekend. I am shooting their 1911 single stack match in Albany next weekend on the 13th then they have a regular match at Tri-County on the 21st. Very fun and helpful group.

4. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Very cool! I'll be taking ya'll up on that.

I think i can take 2 or 3 guests to the Dundee range. Since you all are more advanced than me I am sure they won't complain. Albany is next weekend?

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I'm hoping my application goes through soon....how long did it take you to get accepted?
    You can take a least two guests because my husband and I have gone as a guest with someone. Not sure what the limit is though.
    Are you talking about the GSSF match in Albany? that is August 3&4 IIRC.

6. Silver-Bolt

The Albany match I am shooting on the 13th is a USPSA single stack only match. Basically a 1911 style gun is all that is allowed. The GSSF match will also be at Albany 8/3-8/4. I am planning to do that as well.

7. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

My app went through pretty much right away

but I think that's because they had two openings right when I was asking about it. They may be filled now. I am not sure, but for sure I could meet you there as a guest. I'd just let the range officer know I am bringing somebody. I guess I was wrong about the Albany date.

8. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I emailed the president of the range and he told me they had three spots left and to email the application right in, which I did. I thought that kind of implied they'd hold a spot for me. It's been about two weeks so that is why I asked. Of course there has been a holiday and they may hold off until their next meeting.

9. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

I shot the GSSF Match in Dundee and I also belong to the club. I go there a lot to shoot. It would be great to meet some nice folks out there. Hope to meet some of you soon.

10. sglide05

If you dont get in as a member you can tag along with me as a guest.

11. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Thanks! Think I'll email them tomorrow and see how long the process takes. When I spoke to them via email it seemed as if I was gaurateed a spot.

12. sglide05

I know the president of the club, he's a good guy. I should be at the range on Saturday doing some target practice.

13. Silver-Bolt

I am going to hit TCGC on my lunch hour tomorrow 7/12 11:30-ish if anyone would like to go. Last practice before my match on Saturday. Planning to just shoot the short range. Not enough time to set up an action bay.

14. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Keep us posted on the status - fingers crossed it's an easy in. In any case though let me know (and sounds like it for sglide, too) I am down there almost every weekend this summer while it is nice out. I would like to put together an informal shooting group - to add some social to the thing,

15. sglide05

I should be there this Saturday sometime. I will be the big ugly guy in a dark blue Chevy Colorado pickup.

16. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Cool!

I will definitely be there on Sunday - like 2-ish. If I do go tomorrow (I have enough ammo!) I won't get there till late, like 5. If I see the truck I'll find you and say hi!

17. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Yeah, I'm officially a member. Emailed, didn't get a response back. Emailed someone else, he said I am member now, just need to attend an orientation for the range and get a key!

18. sglide05

19. Trouter2

Trouter2 New Member

I would like to do some casual shooting with fellow Portland Oregonians..I'm not familiar with the area, but GPS will get me anywhere, only place I've been to is that range on Marine pky dr ..
    Will keep my ears open for participation ...many thanks ..
    Paul

BTW ..went to fishermen's marine on route 217 this am, doesn't look
    Like they want to compete with the new Cabelas, inventory is way down, many empty items ...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  20. Silver-Bolt

Trouter,
    The main ranges in the area are:
    A Place to Shoot (indoor only expensive)
    Tri-County Gun Club (membership or guest of member only)
    Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club (Membership/guest only)
    Threat Dynamics in Tualatin (2-lane indoor live fire or simulators)

Good quality LGS Northwest Armory.