Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie who just purchased a Glock 19 for me and a model 26 for my wife. I am looking for good cheap 9mm ammo for target practice. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to purchase a 100 round WWB at a local Walmart for $21.00. Now I cannot find anymore. Every Walmart in my area is always out of stock. This ammo performed well as I had no misfires or jams.

What do you recommend and where can I get a good deal online? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Walmart- WWB which you found.
FEderal Bulk Pack
Blazer Brass
Blazer ALluminum
Tula (steel case)
Wolff (Steel Case)
PMC

You can always buy bulk from Freedom Munitions or get the "canned heat" package from Georgia Arms.

Check out ammoseek.com. plug in your caliber and they will search the web for the cheapest ammo for you. Just beware of shipping charges.

HTH
D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Also, check out Bulkammo.com . They have some really good sales from time to time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am a newbie who just purchased a Glock 19 for me and a model 26 for my wife. I am looking for good cheap 9mm ammo for target practice. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to purchase a 100 round WWB at a local Walmart for $21.00. Now I cannot find anymore. Every Walmart in my area is always out of stock. This ammo performed well as I had no misfires or jams.

What do you recommend and where can I get a good deal online? Thanks
What you should do is ask your Walmart what day they get their ammo deliveries. My local Walmart get's their ammo in Monday Evenings, and put it on the shelves Tuesday mornings. The popular stuff sells out fast, so go there that day.
On line try:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/
They usually have pretty fair prices.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm trying out this guy who reloads. His name is Joe and his site is www.catammo.com. Reasonable prices. I just got my order. Ammo seems clean. Gotta get to the range next week to see how it shoots. I think I paid around $60 (including shipping) for 250 rounds of 115gr 9mm.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
Walmart- WWB which you found.
FEderal Bulk Pack
Blazer Brass
Blazer ALluminum
Tula (steel case)
Wolff (Steel Case)
PMC

You can always buy bulk from Freedom Munitions or get the "canned heat" package from Georgia Arms.

Check out ammoseek.com. plug in your caliber and they will search the web for the cheapest ammo for you. Just beware of shipping charges.

HTH
D
What is the "Canned Heat"? Does it mean it comes in ammo cans?

·
Lurker
106 Posts
I use the Federal Champion 100 rd box from walmart, only 20 bucks. But neither of the walmarts in my town ever have any... But a smaller local town just a little farther in the other direction has had some both time I went in, and I pretty much buy half or almost all of it whenever I go in. Just be careful with the steel casing ammo, I have heard of someone shooting a 50 round box of Tula and 12 rounds didnt fire when struck

·
Registered
186 Posts
HenryinFlorida said:
What you should do is ask your Walmart what day they get their ammo deliveries. My local Walmart get's their ammo in Monday Evenings, and put it on the shelves Tuesday mornings. The popular stuff sells out fast, so go there that day.
On line try:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/
They usually have pretty fair prices.
+ 1 on this. Im also a new g19 owner and i go to every walmart in my area. They refill the racks every thur so i go really early. But lately, a month now, there has been extra box in each store.

Yesterday i bought federal premium jhp 135. Very seldom can i find anything else for self defense.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I use the Federal Champion 100 rd box from walmart, only 20 bucks. But neither of the walmarts in my town ever have any... But a smaller local town just a little farther in the other direction has had some both time I went in, and I pretty much buy half or almost all of it whenever I go in. Just be careful with the steel casing ammo, I have heard of someone shooting a 50 round box of Tula and 12 rounds didnt fire when struck
Yeah, right now the Federal 100 rd box is the cheapest locally. Palmetto State Armory was offering free shipping, but was nearly sold out. As for the Tula, I shot over 700 rds thru my G26 and only had very few FTFR! Bad batch maybe?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.