Looking for a tungsten gen 4 guide rod

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by AMERICANINFIDEL, Jun 27, 2012.

1. AMERICANINFIDEL

AMERICANINFIDEL New Member

Where can I find one for a cheap price or lowest price...

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Why would you change the RSA of a Gen4?

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

eBay or Glockmeister...

4. AMERICANINFIDEL

Because I want to see if there's a difference

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

There is. The new Gen4 RSA will provide you with less perceived recoil. The tungsten is not heavy enough for you to notice any difference in recoil between it and the Gen 3 RSA. The Gen4 RSA is a huge blessing for Glocks.

6. AMERICANINFIDEL

The tungsten is heavier then stock rod guide. So I'm confused. Your telling me. That a steel guide rod is not heavier then the stock plastic?

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

It is most defiantly heavier than the Stock RSA. I have the Glockmeister SS guide rod in both of mine.

But honestly switching back and fourth between the stock and the SS guide rods I couldn't tell the difference between the 2. Except the SS looks sweet. ;)

8. AMERICANINFIDEL

I agree it does look nice! Considering its steel. And I have a stainless steel conversion barrel I just picked up, so I'm sure the tungsten or ss rod would look great, an probably function just as good as the stock. I like to try everything to see if there's a difference. If its the same then it's always a welcome cosmetic upgrade

9. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Yes, it is heavier but you will not notice a difference in muzzle flip or recoil or performance. In fact, compared to the Gen4 RSA, the steel guide may actually produce MORE perceived recoil.

10. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

Not to discount your claims, but I've read a few reviews from users who have said what you have said with the exception of performance. A few of the product reviewers said they shot tighter groups after switching out their RSA.

Maybe it's just their wishful thinking, but if you decide to get the spring, AMERICANINFIDEL, please let me know how it works out for you!

11. MrG2286

MrG2286 New Member

Argyle is right, though, you'll feedback difference because you want to. It's subconscious. I did notice added weight in the front when I put mine in, but can't really say for sure if it helped recoil, as I didn't feel a difference between that and stock.

12. ncnrmedic

ncnrmedic New Member

Whether you notice a difference in performance or not usually has more to do with the spring than the rod. But it's always wise to replace the Glock factory rod as it tends to wear faster than any other part, and can break pretty easily. I've replaced all of mine to tungsten, and I think it was money well spent.

Got mine from GlockStore, they're usually about the same as everyone else on price, but their service and their reputation for good business earned them mine.

13. wasco8

wasco8 New Member

What about the conversion kit that allows you to run the Gen 3 style guide in the Gen 4? Any benefit to that? Also hear that some parts of the new Gen 4 are made in China....if so what are they and should we replace them as well?

14. Jrtx

Jrtx New Member

I sorry new guy but what's the RSA and the SS rods. I know about the Steele and the Gen 4

15. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

"RSA"-Recoil Spring Assembly: consists of 2 springs and a guide rod going through the middle of them.

"SS"- Stainless Steel- Heavier than the OEM plastic or "polymer" rod, the steel offers more weight to (supposedly) help offset felt recoil. These are also available in Tungsten (much heavier than stainless) for 2x the price.

16. CaptainJack

CaptainJack New Member

Worth every penny though. tungsten does help -but also increases forward gun weight considerably.

17. Is this worth me upgrading in my Gen 4 22??? Anyone got a part number??? I assume it is a drop in mod???;) thanks!!!

18. zbrewer

zbrewer Adrenaline Junkie

Yes it's a drop-in mod, whether it's worth it is up to you. It is something I have been thinking about getting but am holding off for now.

The thought behind it is that the extra weight in the front of the weapon will keep the muzzle from jumping up so much after you fire a shot.

Here is a link to it:
    http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...ategory_id=7&_Custom+Parts+&+Accessories/

19. Cool thanks for the info!!!