Looking for a good concealed glock

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by nothng2lose, May 19, 2012.

1. nothng2lose

nothng2lose New Member

I'm looking for a good carry weapon I live In Florida so it has to be concealed but I also like to shoot it at range really don't want the compact was looking at the g17 and 19 but I'm open for other ones if it is better,

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I carry a G26 as my everyday off-duty carry gun. I used to carry a G19 then I lost some weight so the G26 is a lot easier for me to conceal. I'm 5'8" and 178lbs (and still losing weight).

3. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I too started with the 19 and then got the 26. Much easier to conceal.

4. nothng2lose

nothng2lose New Member

Well I'm prob going to pocket conceal with pocket holster I'm a big guy so can't seem to find a good way to hide and still be able to get to it fast

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

G26 is the smallest Glock you're going to find and unless you're 350+, it's going to be difficult to fit a G19 in a pocket. Just get an OWB holster and wear a button down shirt untucked.

6. nothng2lose

nothng2lose New Member

Yea not that big close enough so wear belt holster and long shirt? Should it be on the side or back carrying it?

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  7. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Since conceal is your main objective, the G26 is great. As mentioned it is the smallest, and is a great shooter for the range. Several people even use it in competitions. The best of both worlds! Then at some point you can get a full size gun that you can modify more for the range like a G17 or G34.

8. nothng2lose

nothng2lose New Member

Ty for the info be picking one up next month round the 15th can't wait will be a great fathers day present from my wife and baby lol

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Now thats what I call a loving family! I wish mine would get me a Glock for every holiday!! Good luck N2L.

10. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I carry my guns depending on the day and situation, but in FL, in shorts and a t-shirt, the G26 is the easiest for me to carry.

11. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I forgot. Although is not ideal, sometimes for a quick run to the store, I pocket-carry the G26.

Many other times I take the G21 with me. It all depends on your style. ;-)

12. nothng2lose

nothng2lose New Member

Oh ok Ty yea I figured throw it in the pokect quick store run I like wearing short since Florida is 800 degrees all the time well close enough I was trying find a good clothing wear think I've kinda found one to wear when I'm doing a lot of stuff does anyone know about how much printing or any can be shown in Florida

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  13. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

I carry the Glock 19 on my side with a blackhawk holster on my side. I'm 5 8 and 195 lbs. I might get some flack for this but I prefer the 19 over the 26. I just have a better grip on the 19 but that's me. If your primary purpose is to conceal then go with the 26. If you want to conceal and range shoot I would prefer the model 19 but hey that's just me

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum nothng2lose !!

I would opt for the G19 or G26 myself...

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

FWIW, my EDC is a G26 with magazine extension, and my spare mags are G17 mags with the magazine sleeve.

16. nothng2lose

nothng2lose New Member

Yea I really like the g19 I'm like most gun people bigger the better I'm 6 ft around 300 lbs I feel as the g26 gona look babish in my hands but I know it's not the looks when it come t self defense only needing get one Bc I have a family now and been a lot of day time shootings right in my area actually one very recent shoot through some people's places beside me shooting to the other side to try and shoot someone else it's those people that can kill the innocent for there own dumbness

17. lonestar1672

lonestar1672 New Member

I'm 6'3 and 275 lbs can easily conceal my 19 with the serpa blackhawk outside wasteband holster! My friend asked me if I was carrying out of curiosity, I said no and he checked and was impressed that I was, as there was no printing! BIGMAN privileges!

18. lonestar1672

lonestar1672 New Member

I'm 6'3 and 275 lbs can easily conceal my 19 with the serpa blackhawk outside wasteband holster! My friend asked me if I was carrying out of curiosity, I said no and he checked and was impressed that I was, as there was no printing! BIGMAN privileges!

19. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I agree, I also carry the G19. I use an IWB behind my back and it works perfect. The 26 may be easier to conceal, but I like the 19 better. It's going to be a personal choice though.

20. I'm 6'1" 300+ and I c&c a G26G4 w/pinky ext in a Blackhawk CQC OWB holster as my EDC and it conceals just fine. I also use it as my range gun. I've ran over 1200 rounds through it with no problems! I convinced you just can't wear a Glock out! They'll be around long after we're gone! Lol!