Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and to the gun world. I've been doing some research to find a good pistol and I have my mind set on a glock. I will be going to the range soon to try a couple out but I'm debating between the g22 and g23. Any suggestions? Btw this will be my first gun…

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not planing on carrying it, just want a gun for home protection and something I can take out to the range once in a while.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well if you're not worried about carrying then size really doesn't matter. Really its just whatever feels comfortable to you and if you can shoot them first do it at a range that rents ect. Im not sure why you want 22 or 23 but I do know you want it for home protection which may explain the 40 cal but if you're looking at shooting fairly often 9mm is a little cheaper than the 40 as far as amo goes but thats just a thought... Really with your purposes many things can fill it! So like I said its whatever feels good or that you like which is always good fun!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was undecided on what cal I wanted to go with so I asked around and did some research & I was told the 9mm doesn't have much stopping power so that's kinda what pushed me up to a 40. Thanks for all the info bfish I will take that into consideration.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You're welcome. I personally carry a 27 (40) so I love the caliber. You really can't go wrong with a glock! Good luck let us know what you pick up:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
You should worry more about shot placement than about knockdown power. A properly placed 9mil will get the job done better than a random 40 cal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not going to get into that whole 9mm debate, but if your getting something for home defense and just casual shooting it wouldn't be a bad choice.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
If you are not going to conceal it, go Glock 22, just my opinion of course ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update guys… I went to the range yesterday and got to shoot a 17 and 23. Unfortunately the 22 was out on repair so I didn't get to test that one. I shot 50 rounds out of the 17 and 100 out of the 23. I did notice a little more recoil on the 23 but not enough to throw off my accuracy. I really liked both but since I can only have one for now I'm going with the 22. I figure if a was accurate enough with the 23 I should do even better with a 22. Btw wanna say thanks to all that gave me great feedback!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I carry a 9mm because I'm still new to shooting and I have a lot of growing to do. I figure I will grow in caliber as my experience grows. That's just me plus in the next five years I hope to have every caliber glock makes in a compact. Lol it's a dream my dream. Good luck and have fun checking them all out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I love the RTF2 17 and 19. If I could only have ONE Glock it'd be the Glock 19. This week I adopted the 36 (.45 ACP). The recoil is not horrible on the 36 and it's slightly thinner and shorter than the 19. I rented the Glock 30 too and it was a pleasure; however, too bulky for carry in my opinion. This was my first experience with Glock .45. Hopefully a Gen4 30 is in the works.
My grip is less secure on the 36 (than my 17/19). I just ordered a Talon grip and a "plus zero" magazine grip extension to hopefully create a RTF-esque grip. Another cool thing about similar sized Glocks is that holsters are interchangeable.

I feel everyone should have at lease one 9mm in their Glock arsenal if anything for the cheaper ammo. Also, in a natural disaster or apocalypse those 30 round magazines might come on handy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts