Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
You'll have a harder time finding an 18 than filing all the proper paperwork. I've only seen one in my entire life.
With the proper license and letter they aren't hard to find, I know a couple years ago PDs could get them new from OMB for about the same price as a retail G17

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
bhale187 said:
With the proper license and letter they aren't hard to find, I know a couple years ago PDs could get them new from OMB for about the same price as a retail G17
I find that extremely hard to believe, seeing as how the 18 new from Glock sells for over $12,000. No one would take that kind of loss for a gun.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I find that extremely hard to believe, seeing as how the 18 new from Glock sells for over $12,000. No one would take that kind of loss for a gun.
I have no idea where you heard Glock sells them for $12,000, but that's pure BS.

Here's a scan of the OMB catalog from a couple years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not if you listent to bhale187 below:

Get a FFL, class 3 SOT, and a Law Enforcement Agency Demo Letter
I know someone that has one and I believe he only paid between $600-900 for it. Of course he has his SOT and a demo letter from his locl LEA. I have yet to shoot it I will soon. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
bhale187 said:
Get a FFL, class 3 SOT, and a Law Enforcement Agency Demo Letter
This is exactly right... There are 0 G18's available for civilian ownership. LEO trade-ins can be kept a dealer demos but that is the ONLY way it can happen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure about some of these prices being thrown out there. Me and 3 other guys where issued these for out dept to try out. I also purchased one for myself, but only cause I have a class 3 weapons license. I got the law enforcement discount on it and paid $729 out the door. This was 2 years ago. At least down here in fl you may purchase one for civilian use but you must have a class 3 weapons permit which allows you to own fully automatic weapons. I can think of 3 civilians that I know that own these platforms. In all honesty their cool guns to own but in my opinion not very practical unless a heard of zombies is coming for you. :)

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
I know a bunch of civilians her in northern NV who each own a G18. I have shot several of them. All part of a single gun club. Mostly ex-LEO. Truly fun to shoot. Can never get accurate with 'em.

*$12,00*???? I'd rather by a .50BMG rifle so I can reach out and touch Zombies! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.