Look what FEDEX brought me!

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by chuckds, Apr 24, 2012.

1. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

I have been using the "red" reloader for some time now. For me it's very frustrating in trying to keep it going.
    Looking forward to getting the Dillon set up.

image-2566866023.jpg

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Cool buddy!

3. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Awesome! That is a pretty box...it is what's inside that makes us all smile! :)

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Bah they shipped it to your house instead of mine, just go ahead and forward that on over for me.

Grats though, might be getting into reloading soon myself.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Awesome man !! Post some pics when you get it set up !

6. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

How much room do you need to reload I reall y want to get into it

7. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes that's great,can't wait till we see the pics of it set up :)

How much did that whole dillon setup cost if you don't mind me asking and where did you buy it too? Also curious what caliber(s) you plan on reloading the most?

I've heard nothing but great things about dillon and we all know Hickock45 also uses a dillon reloading press so it's obviously good quality. Again congrats on the purchase and hope to see pics soon :)

8. chuckds

I use the stand that held my Lee, it has a small footprint. I will have this set up in my extra bedroom. I sold my house last Aug(after the divorce), I had a 16'x24' workshop with everything. I sure do miss it. I moved into an apartment, so it would be nice to have the workshop, but a corner of a room will also work. Be organized and have a good understanding of what your doing.

9. chuckds

I ordered from Brian Enos's website. He sells everything Dillon does at the same price, but shipping is free with him. He has complete set ups in package deals for the beginner. You get everything from the tumbler to the press. Or just order what you want.

I paid $600.00 and got extra pickup tubes, maintenance kit, spare parts bag, dies and shell plate for 9mm, case gauge and primer flip tray.

For now I am just doing 9mm, but my next Glock will be a G 20 10mm. I will also be doing .3006 for my son when he buys the necessary hardware.

I must say that going to a Dillon from a Lee is like the difference of night and day! I thought it was good to make 10 rounds in a row with the Lee without a problem. I have gone over 500 with the Dillon and not ONE problem. If your going to get into reloading then at some point you will own a Dillon. It's worth every cent you pay for it.

The only problem I had with the Dillon is kinda funny.... I forgot to put the clip on the end of the pickup tube and when I turned it over I dumped about half the tube of primers on the floor before I knew what was happening.

10. chuckds

Forgot the picture.....

image-3214693768.jpg

11. Glockmasterg9

Glockmasterg9 New Member

Very nice, now u need a $1000 worth of components and your good to go