Glock Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from the range, where I fired the two newest additions to the family; a Ruger 10/22 & a gen 4 Glock 34.

image-3786937678.jpg

image-4085113575.jpg

I put 130 assorted rounds through the 10/22 & 100 through the Glock. The 10/22 had one one misfire & a couple of failures to feed (I goofed on the very first one). The Glock functioned flawlessly (50 rounds 115 grain FMJ, & 50 rounds 147 grain sub-sonic? FMJ), but the stock sights have got to go! Plus, look what the Glock did to me:

image-2408836372.jpg

I don't know if it was because my hands were sweaty, or if it was because I was using the medium back strap or what. Guess I will have to try it without the back strap or put some grip tape on it somewhere. That always seems to help. Anyway, check out the gore:

image-3945391721.jpg

image-1401673727.jpg

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Ugh, I hate you! I mean grats on the G34! On my 17 and 19 I don't use the back strap and I've never been bitten, so hopefully you won't need the beaver tail.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Is that the first knuckle of your index finger on your left hand? Are you a lefty?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Righty

Is that the first knuckle of your index finger on your left hand? Are you a lefty?
I am right handed. That is my right thumb knuckle closest to the hand. You know...the one that sits precariously close to the slide when you have a good grip a Glock. ;)

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Okay, I gotcha. Couldn't make out what I was looking at for a sec.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just picked up my 10/22 this morning can't wait to get it out shooting
Nice! It was fun! Next stop...scope city, then maybe upgraded trigger bits, a stock, a replacement threaded barrel, I don't know...maybe a suppressor. Oh the possibilities. :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
the_mule said:
Nice! It was fun! Next stop...scope city, then maybe upgraded trigger bits, a stock, a replacement threaded barrel, I don't know...maybe a suppressor. Oh the possibilities. :p
Right there endless when it comes to the 10/22

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Being that is your thumb on the right hand I would have two thoughts:
1 You have either allowed the gun to shift in your grip during shooting or,
2 You have mighty beefy hands.

I think it is #1 that was the issue though. I say that because of where the slide hit your hand. You would have noticed a un-naturally high grip had you started off that way.

And the G-34 never complained, what a gun!:)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
G-23 said:
Being that is your thumb on the right hand I would have two thoughts:
1 You have either allowed the gun to shift in your grip during shooting or,
2 You have mighty beefy hands.

I think it is #1 that was the issue though. I say that because of where the slide hit your hand. You would have noticed a un-naturally high grip had you started off that way.

And the G-34 never complained, what a gun!:)
Never, not once. I'm telling you what. Outstanding.

I agree I think it was #1 too. Hands were sweaty, slippery. Not even gen 4s rough textured frame could prevent it. I miss my RTF2, that thing never moved around in my hand. Oh well..I did not want to have to apply grip tape to this one, but it looks like I probably should. Like I said, I'm going to try it without the backstrap too & see what happens.

How do you keep your palms dry? Mind over matter? Talcum? Wear gloves?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chuckds said:
Had a great day at the range. I got to play with all my toys.
Tested some loads that I worked up. Got to use the computer interface with the Chrono.

From 75 feet with my G17L
Those are some neat toys! I especially like the G17L, lucky son of a gun. Good shooting. Nice range! Looks clean.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

I agree I think it was #1 too. Hands were sweaty, slippery. Not even gen 4s rough textured frame could prevent it. I miss my RTF2, that thing never moved around in my hand. Oh well..I did not want to have to apply grip tape to this one, but it looks like I probably should. Like I said, I'm going to try it without the backstrap too & see what happens.

Towel or talcum

·
Registered
4,826 Posts

What??????? GRIP TAPE ON A GEN 4?????? Nooooooooooo! It's not needed I tell ya! It's already too rough, and hurts my hands after shooting 3 mags! :rolleyes:

....of course i'm kidding, I too agree with #1

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
and if this is a carry weapon, I wouldn't shoot with gloves exclusively unless you're Michael Jackson. In other words you don't wear gloves everyday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts