Lonewolf Threaded barrel

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by engine5truck, Jun 6, 2012.

1. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

I have a Lonewolf threaded barrel for my g-30 and went to the range the other day. This is the first time throwin ammo outta this barrel. But at 15yds it was all over the place. I then steadied it off the bench and still got same result. Thinking it was me, I put my glock factory barrel and shot fine. Anyone else have this problem? This photo is sad I know. But that was holding steady on the bench.

Attached Files:

2. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Wow are you sure you aren't anticipating the recoil or jerking while pulling the trigger? That is all over the place like they forgot to put any rifling in the barrel.

3. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

I don't think that's the case because when I put the factory barrel in I was 10-8s

4. cbmarine

cbmarine Semper Fi

If you haven't contacted LWD yet, I reckon they'd be happy to rectify your problem. Here's a high right grouping with a 9mm conversion barrel in a G23. This is at 25' (elbows on bench). They responded promptly to my inquiry and I'm waiting for the barrel to be returned fixed (I paid the return mail cost).

Attached Files:

5. Do you have thread protect on it? WOuld that make a different, I don't know? I'm not familiar with threaded barrels just asking

6. cbmarine

cbmarine Semper Fi

Thinking back a bit. The bane of a cowboy was a bucking horse with a burr under the saddle. Threaded barrel? Burr on the crown?

7. The Threads go on the outside of the barrel, no where near the Crown. Something for sure doesn't look right. My LWD standard barrel for the G30 I have shoots pretty decent at 7 yards, only problem I had was not enough Freebore so I just took my Dremel, felt discs and rouge and opened up the rifling ahead of the chamber to give it more Freebore so it'd chamber ammo properly. All the other specs, O.D. of barrel, width of barrel at the chamber, chamber I.D. and Depth were same as my Factory Glock barrel, the lock up was a few thousands larger but they tell you that in their add and that's part of what adds to the accuracy of the barrel, tighter lock up.
    I've for sure be checking into what's going on here, some isn't right. :confused:

8. Does the spring guide rod assembly lock into the new barrel tightly? Maybe it's not as tight a fit as the factory barrel, causing some wiggling? Thinking there might be a wiggle in there somewhere because your shot pattern is all over the place with zero pattern.