Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering my polished Lonewolf threaded g17 barrel tonight. I like the look of them with the comp, but I hear mixed reviews of cycling issues with them. Only thing done to the gen 4 17 its going in is a 3.5# trigger. If anybody has experience with this let me know, don't want to waste the dough if it's going to be a huge pain.

This is the one I have my eye on, not going for the "9mm Major" comp. It's just going to be for fun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP9-Glock...128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17e74520

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
I used one with my 17L, for it to work properly I had to use a 14# RSA and 4.7 gr of Tight Group. I normally use 4.5 gr with a 124gr FMJ. I still would have an occasional problem. Maybe a standard 17 will not have a problem with the shorter slide.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Attachments

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
They work, less muzzle flip, pushes the gun into your hand and you can feel the air pressure being blown back to you. You might be ok with the smaller slide, that +P ammo is a premium. You could also go with lighter springs. If you do buy the "package of springs" from Wolf Springs. You get 3 or 4 springs all less than the standard 17# for a decent price.
I just got my G20 last week and my threaded barrel yesterday, but I will not be getting a compensator for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.