Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I managed to scratch the heck out of my bore on my stock barrel. Not sure exactly what happened since gun is fairly new with about 400 rounds thru it and I clean it with patches and a light brush.

Anyways I'm thinking about replacing it with a lone wolf barrel. Anybody have thoughts, experiences? Do they improve accuracy? Has anyone had their lw barrel black-oxidized and if so how does it look compared to the glock finish?

Any thoughts on it are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
357 Posts
I have a conversion barrel. I'm satisfied with it, but I wouldn't know about improvement over a stock barrel as my marksmanship is the limiting factor.

·
Semper Fi
119 Posts
I had a LWD 239N to fire 9mm in a G23. Unfortunately, it fired high right compared to the stock barrel. The second time that I sent back to LW, they concluded my slide was incompatible with their barrel. They took it back on trade rather than a refund since I had purchased the barrel thru CTD who wouldn't respond to my refund request. (Another reason not to buy from CTD).

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I have been using a LW threaded barrel in my G35 open gun for more than two years with no issues. Just bought a LW conversion for my 23 and so far it is great also. The conversion barrel shoots dead on with the stock barrel with no sight adjustment needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am too, lol. After cleaning one day I shined a flashlight down it to look at the crown (saw another post on here about a barrel with a messed up crown) and noticed a wide uneven bluish-gray streak about an inch into the bore.

Took a closer look with a bore light and sure enough the surface is pitted and uneven. I'd post pics but it's too far down the barrel to see.

I have no idea how it happened but figured I'd get another barrel to be on the safe side. Thanks everybody for the replies!

·
Female Member
1,259 Posts
I think LW barrels are superior to factory barrels, they have fully supported chambers, glock is not and LW has a lifetime warranty on the barrel and glock does not. I have started to replace all factory glock barrels with LW barrels, I have 5 glocks and have replaced 3 of them so far, awaiting for others to be instock.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,089 Posts
photodon said:
Can you get a true drop in barrel from lone wolf for model 22? Sorry still new on this forum.thanks for any info.
Lonewolf barrels are drop in ready no gunsmithing involved.

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
Can you get a true drop in barrel from lone wolf for model 22? Sorry still new on this forum.thanks for any info.

Yes you can. I use Stormlake barrels, but LW's are good as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got a LWD ported barrel for my Glock 19, its my race pistol. Once I got used to it, my groups did tighten up a little bit. I like it because of the porting and its extended/heavyer than the factory Glock barrel. Im racing with a 19 so the added weight is helpful in this application. The ID is tighter in the chamber on the LWD barrel vs the Glock barrel. I didn't measure it, but a once-fired brass casing shot out of the Glock barrel/chamber wont fit in the LWD chamber. I think for the money its a good choice. I do think there are better made barrels out there (Storm Lake, Bar-Sto, ect.) but they cost 2X-3X as much as a LWD. I was intending on getting a Storm Lake next year, but after shooting with the LWD for a while now Im just going to stick with it. If it aint broke, don't fix it I was always told, lol. Im sure they are a better quality barrel, but I just don't have the money to spend on one when the LWD is exceeding my expectations.

The only things I modified on the LWD barrel was polishing the feed-ramp a little more (used flitz, it came polished, but not up to my standards, lol) and I polished the block so it would match up better with my polished Glock barrel (used flitz, the factory finish on the LWD block was not polished at all and took some time). I did not polish the actual barrel because it has a nice diamond-turned finish that looks/feels/sounds very nice when you rack the slide, especialy with froglube. Here are some pics if anybody is interested. Sorry for the long post. hope the info is helpful. Cheers :)

Attachments

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
LW barrels are great, I always get one with my new Glocks. I shoot plated bullets, don't want to take a chance of leading up a Glock barrel. I always get the extended threaded barrels this gives you a little faster bullet. You can get the LW barrels darkened that's real close to the color of a Glock barrel, I had one for my 26, but decided to get the barrel plated with Cera-Plate II.

·
Registered
3 Posts
am fair on accuracy but lw barrel definitely made me better. threaded with muzzle brake now shoots like a 9mm but with more punch and more fun.also installed flat face trigger-much better. still rock solid reliability like all Glocks happy!!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Aftermarket drop in barrels are no more accurate than OEM barrels, and may actually be less accurate than because they are not hand fitted. There may be a bit more support (less ramp) for some brands, but not a great amount. Usually aftermarket barrels have a short chamber, that allows it to be finish reamed to your particular hand load. For shooting cast lead, the LW is a great value, but if you want to actually increase accuracy, you need to have a gunsmith hand fit a barrel, like a BarSto, and work up a hand load specific to your gun, and finish ream the chamber.

I know what USPSA Open Division guns are because I have 2 of them, but What's a "race pistol"?

Shown with Taylor Freelanced 171.5mm magazine extensions for Open Division

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I doubt you did anything to mess up your barrel. It's relatively new and it's pitted. As long as it was cleaned and lubed, and not stored in high humidity it shouldn't have pitted. Would seem to be worth contacting Glock about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts