lone wolf/ATF

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by G22GEN4, Jun 7, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

UMMMM, IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?
    (copied from website)

Internally, ATF officials admit cooperating gun stores like Lone Wolf in Phoenix --singled out in the Post story -- actually helped the operation, dutifully faxing the names, addresses and serial numbers of the guns that the straws bought, often the same day. Lone Wolf also allowed the ATF to install cameras inside the store, giving ATF officials coast to coast real-time information about purchases and purchasers.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Been going on for years...cooperation is nothing new !

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Hmm not sure how I feel about that

4. SHOOTER13

What are they ( Lone Wolf ) gonna do ? ...say NO ?!

If you have a "book"...they can come in and check anytime they want...

5. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Well they can say no, but the ATF will only tear em apart lil by lil till they say yes or close down.

6. SHOOTER13

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Not to mention, they're talking about straw purchases, which is illegal, and I would expect any legitimate gun store to do this. It's a very good thing.

8. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Yeah but who knows who is who? They are to report anyone who buys multiple rifles. That can be anyone really. I think its all a scam or cover up of some sort.

9. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

So...are you complaining about multiple reporting of long gun sales, or that the gun stores assisted ATF in taking down straw purchasers? Because that's what you quoted above. The straw purchasers in question were known; the stores helped document the sales. This was all part of Fast & Furious.

FFLs already had to report multiple handgun sales in a week...

10. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Not complaining at all. I purchased only 2 rifles the same day from same place & got all crap from ATF about it & was delayed. Then I read the article in question which is only a small piece of it. If they know who the guys on the list or whatever are, why should I be hassled? But the main topic is basically a gun shop working with ATF. If they allow ATF to install cameras, they are watching everyone. The article also says that if lone wolf even suspected anyone, to inform ATF. So I guess the question is, does anyone feel safe purchasing from any gun shop that works with ATF?

11. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Well, all of the cameras and all of that stuff was put in place from/for Operation Fast & Furious. It's a definite exception to the rule as far as gun stores go. I don't know if it's all still active since the Congressional investigation began.

The multiple reporting requirement on long guns was put in place by ATF after the Congressional investigation started, using Fast & Furious as an excuse. I know there was a lot of fuss about it, both in the gun community and from Congress. I thought Congress had taken steps to defund the program, which would effectively stop ATF from doing it, but that may not have actually taken affect.

12. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Better than the other shops here in phoenix the have been raided by ATF and shut down then reopened...