Lone Wolf 40 to 9 Conversion for G23

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Stranger23, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Stranger23

Stranger23 New Member

Hello everybody,

I was thinking of purchasing a 40-9 conversion barrel from Lone Wolf to drop in to my G23, and of course, buy a few G19 mags to go with it.

I got a few questions and hopefully someone can help me out or point me to the right direction:

1) How reliable is this conversion? I've heard both good and bad stories about this, but has anyone actually experienced this after shooting a few hundred or even thousand rounds?

2) Is it better to use a guide rod & spring that is designed for a G19 to accommodate this conversion?

Any advice you guys can give me I will really appreciate. Thanks!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Stranger23 !!

Sorry, can't help with the answer, as I don't own that model...

But, standby...opinions abound here !!

3. kankicker

kankicker New Member

i have the g23 and bought the lwd conversion barrel in 9mm and it has worked just fine.never changed the recoil spring or the ejector.i don't shoot it as a 9mm that often but wanted it just in case.

4. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I think that the G19 and the G23 both use an 18 pound recoil spring from the factory.

5. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

I have heard by most Glock armorers, that it is fine but someone brought to my attention that if there is an issue, it will be with the ejectors. Key word... If

6. Adalla

Adalla New Member

Going to do the same conversion for matches that don't penalize 9mm. Anyone think they won't consider it a "stock" gun?

7. downloadman187

downloadman187 New Member

You might like this video. It helped me to decide. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoQ7HlX1GGs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame] by the time you factor in all of the parts to ensure reliability, you might as well buy a good used one.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  8. Stranger23

Stranger23 New Member

Thanks everyone, for the helpful responses. I may just look for a slightly used G19 for now.

9. Stranger23

Stranger23 New Member

Gotta love hickok45! Thanks downloadman187. This video primarily helped me decide to get a used G19 instead of doing the conversion.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum kankicker !!

11. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

i have been on the wall about buying a conversion barrel myself for the 23. i like to find a long barrel myself if i buy one.

12. ltd51

ltd51 New Member

Texas
    I recently purchased the Lone Wolf 40-9 for my G32. Other than the casings ejecting into my eye protection and on top of my head on occasion, there have been no problems. I shoot 9mm reloads through it. No hickups at all. I put about 300 rounds through it.

13. littleposerfish

where can i find a longer barrel for my g23?

14. kankicker

kankicker New Member

thank you...thank you verry musch....

15. downloadman187

downloadman187 New Member

Buy a glock 22 barrel from lone wolf.

16. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

Out of My own ignorance. Why would you want a Barrel longer than the slide? I understand the obvious, increased muzzle velocity, possibly accuracy. That is if the longer time the bullet travels the length of the barrel, the slide doesn't begin to retract when the bullet is at the end of the slide yet still in the barrel?

Is this a personal preference or is there something here i don't know?

17. bamacraig

bamacraig New Member

The 22 barrel won't work in the 23. The have different lugs. Just buy a longer 23 barrel from Lone Wolf or another company. Ported, threaded or extended length they are available.

18. theblakester

theblakester New Member

I have a gen 4 g22 with a LWD 40-9 conversion Barrel with g 17 mag and a thousand 9mm rounds through it flawlessly. I really like mine.

19. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Just received my 40-9 Lone wolf barrel today it's the 23L witch I didn't want but I guess it will work. Just don't know if I like that extra 1/2 inch sticking out!

Attached Files:

20. littleposerfish

i think that looks pretty nice.