1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Is it mandatory to receive training before they issue a CC license in KY ?

Here in Pennsylvania it is not mandatory...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. 6 hours class time and 20 rounds on range. They said as much as a $100 for the class. That is not true. By law we can charge up to $75 and up to $10 for incidentals like range time, target, etc. Most places (even ranges) charge $85. 25 of those dollars go to the state to pay for CCDW handbook for students, forms, and video they supply to Instructor. You would actually save more than half though still. Once the application is approved it is another $60 split 20/40 between your county and the KSP. In my County it is also $10 extra for the picture.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In pa I went the day after I turned 21 bc you cant get it till 24 hrs after your birthday and I went to the courthouse with 20 bucks and walked out 25 min later with the permit and went in my trunk and got my glock 26 and it has gone everywhere with me since lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow. I live just a few minutes south of Louisville and couldn't pull up the link from the Glock Forum app. What politician did what about paying for the course?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. I live just a few minutes south of Louisville and couldn't pull up the link from the Glock Forum app. What politician did what about paying for the course?

"Jeffersontown's public safety committee is getting ready to propose the idea to the full council. The committee wants the city pay for the lessons you need, before getting a license to carry.

Councilman Ron Powell came up with the idea after the mass shooting in Colorado. He says if people know how to use a weapon, there may not be so many victims.

Powell says, "What we have to do is try to get someone to protect themselves until the police can get there."

This plan has the J-town Police Chief's blessing. I think it's a great idea and a breath of fresh air in the wake of all the anti-gun talk following the theatre incident. This goes for a full vote Monday.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
We need more politicians like that!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't seen anymore about it. I may e-mail the WDRB reporter that wrote the story Tuesday to see if they followed up on the outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.