Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have three magazines and I was wondering, does it hurt the springs in my magazines to keep them fully loaded all the time or should I only keep one loaded and rotate them every once in a while? If I rotate them, how often do you think I should rotate them? The reason I'm asking is because I have heard that the springs in the magazines will get weak and compress if you keep them loaded. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Doesn't hurt a thing, they were designed to be fully loaded. What wares out springs is the compression/decompression of using them during firing. It's like when you bend a piece of metal back and forth quickly, eventually it'll heat up and break. If you just bend it and leave it no problem but it's "working" it that causes the issues. If you load and unload them all the time that's almost the same as using them and that'll ware them out faster then just keeping them loaded.
IF/When the springs do go bad many years down the road. it's an easy fix, just order some new ones from Wolff. ;)

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Not really an issue. I've had all three of mine loaded for over a year. They seat a little easier now fully loaded, but that's the only change from brand new. They still feed perfectly.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. My mags are loaded and going to stay loaded. I love this forum. I have gotten a lot of good info on here. Thanks again for helping a new guy.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
My range mags only get unloaded when I fire them, but then they get loaded right back up. My AR mags tend to stay loaded longer, Magpul and Glock make good mags :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts