Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a "USA Shooting Team Ruger® 10/22 Takedown™ rifle" There is only five thousand of these made. I did not know this until after I bought it. I always wanted a 10/22 and I thought blue was diffrent. Would this rifle be worth it to sit on and not shoot, since only 5k are made? Or is 5k not a Limited quantity and that means those are easy to come buy? To shoot with it or not to shoot with it is the question.....

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Got any pics? I've never heard of them and I am intrigued

·
195 Posts
I am no expert but 5000 sounds like a pretty high number for a "limited edition" so I don't know how much it will go up in value or how long that would take.
I think you were happy to pay what ever you did and intended to shoot it when you bought it so you probably should do just that. We'll see what others think I guess.

·
195 Posts
I forgot to ask, is it a really low serial number or a cool serial number that someone may want one day? That might add a little to the value I guess.

·
195 Posts
I think 500 or 1000 is a pretty small amount. 5000 is still a limited number but sounds kind of high to me.

Either way it's pretty cool and you didn't pay any more than you thought it was worth before finding out it was limited so win/win.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was $20.00 more than the regular black one. When I looked on the website when I got home. They donate $20.00 to the USA shooting team, so I don't think I got ripped off.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Andyman85 said:
It was $20.00 more than the regular black one. When I looked on the website when I got home. They donate $20.00 to the USA shooting team, so I don't think I got ripped off.
Sounds like a good deal to me and looks interesting not to mention is tied to a good cause.. I'd pay the extra 20 bucks but I would say go ahead and shoot the heck out of it

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Shoot it, even the custom shop 500 or less limited edition runs of guns very rarely go up in value of any significance.

·
195 Posts
Definitely not, never thought that you did. Money went to a good cause and you got a cool gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts