Like a whole new Glock Forum

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by glocknloaded, Apr 24, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

So today was my first time logging in to Glock Forum on the computer and holy crap it's like discovering Glock Forum all over again!!! I always check in on my I phone or I pad but I am having fun exploring it this way, just figured I would share for all others that never tried the computer route

2. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Yeah, I do both but it is very different. I'll say that posting up a picture from my iPhone is so much easier than transferring them from my phone/camera to the computer and having to resize. From the iPhone, it's just a few taps and voila! I'm using my iPad right now as the laptop is upstairs....

3. I go back and forth. it really comes down to if I am in the shop or in the house

4. Does anyone else have the clarity issue when opening a picture that someone else has posted on an ipad here?

5. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

It's funny how checking the forum from an actual computer seems atypical. Computing has become so mobile in the last few years and will no doubt continue.

I rarely check the forum from my PC, but it is a different experience.

6. I get on here on the laptop because i HATE typing beyond a few sentences on a touch screen.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yea...one of these days I'll maybe get a smartphone...

because...when I'm out and about, I usually am too busy to

be texting on the phone. Old school ways die hard with me...

8. I work in the media business and in a recent study its been estimated that in less then 5 years... the vast majority of folks will be using a smart phone to browse the web over PC's. I generally only use my laptop when working with photos... 95% of the time Im on an ipad.

Personally I love this... how much is home internet? Home much is unlimited data for a phone... hmmmm... Fios better get there game in check.

9. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

If you have an Android check out Swype. You won't mind typing this way as much.

10. Amen to that! I all ways use a computer to get online. I'm not that addicted to the internet to were I have to have it every were I go. I remember the days were there was no cell phones and no internet and people still survived lol :p.

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Not me, smartphone, tablet, laptop, all there all the time.

12. glocknloaded

I at times have the same problem

13. glocknloaded

I am with you on spending a majority of my time on my I pad. I am a small business owner and I've almost completely switched over to my I pad and phone I don't think I've used my laptop in months.

14. glocknloaded

When you think about it those days weren't long ago.... I am 27 and I grew up no computer in the house no cell phones or Internet and home phones didn't need area codes to call someone. When you wanted to find a buddy you got on your bike and road the surrounding neighborhoods trying to find out where everyone is hanging out.

It's crazy how fast times have changed, I have two little sister in laws age 13 and 14 and they would have no idea how to find a friend with out sending a text or going on Facebook having a computer at home is a given almost like electricity.

I do take advantage of are technology but I won't let it take over me and when I have kids there gonna hate me cause there not gonna be glued to all that crap like other kids.

It scares the living crap out of me the path where headed and how fast times are changing, I don't like it a bit!!!! Just look around next time your in line at a store every....one.... Is on there phones its insane!! Sorry rant is over haha

15. glocknloaded

I just realized that you can navigate through the app on the tablet as if you are on the PC

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Oh for the good old days and riding bikes to our buddys houses!!